Guide: How to SEND MMS from the iPhone

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

daihard

How is MMS supposed to work? I understand that there are carriers that already support MMS with the iPhone, unlike the goofy AT&T. Do you send it to others by using their phone numbers just like SMS?

R

ReyZero

It's like SMS, but with data, and if the data is tied to the SMS, it's free of charge.
Example being, my family is on an unlimited data plan, but we blocked data on 2 of the phones because we didn't need accidental data usage, but doing so blocked any MMS from being received or transmitted.

nlpgrusla

Website
nlp.grusla.com
Guide How to SEND MMS from the iPhone

ok.... i think the problem could be that they use the linux drivecode for their emulators and this drivecode doesnt allow mounting original gc dvds. the mfe version which works on the xenogc is a modified one.
so perhaps it just as easy a recompile the softdev emus with the drivecode from the new mfe...
hope someone will do this.

sinister1

ok the iphone does not support MMS...

so heres a way to work around that so that your friends still receive your pic AS A TEXT...but you send it thru email

just look thru the list and find your friends provider and put the 10 digit number followed by the @ sign and the email provided

well i haven't tried it on the iphone....but here are some gateways...tell me if the work

Email to SMS Delivery Gateways:

Recipient's network:
  • Email address to send to
Boost Mobile:

Cingular:

Cricket:

Nextel:

Sprint

T-Mobile:

Verizon:

i tried the sprint one and my friend received the pic.....someone else told me the cricket one works too.

tell me what worked and what didn't so i can update this list.

Who want's to remember all those service providers extensions and suffixes? I'm surprised that you guys haven't heard about Send MMS by ifind2.com. Before you start to make comments and so on, no I am not selling this product; it's not mine and I am not spamming. Before I downloaded this program sending pics from the stupid i Phone was a nightmare first I had to get it jail-broken and then I had to download stupid Cyida or whatever its called then I bought like 5 different apps from the i tunes store which were hard to use or didn't work at all! The app was so freaking easy to download and use and it only cost me $1.99 unlike some of the others that I downloaded for like 2.99 & $5.00. It's is all over the internet and on you-tube. It works with all i phones including the first one and there is no need for hacking; the user interface is so slick too. Apple & AT&T are supposed to be releasing MMS for the 3G & the 3GS on the 25th of this month but even if that's true there will be major slow downs, glitches, and problems with there network; and users with older i Phones won't be able to. Go to MMS.ifind2.com and check it out, you won't be sorry.

bukzin

Has someone (ATT?) posted the step by step instructions on what is needed

to inable the new MMS service on a iphone.?

Here is what I have...

OS version 3.1

carrier 5.5

itunes version 8.2

When I attempt to send a photo I see 'email photo'

but not 'MMS'.

Any ideas?

Last edited:

bukzin

OK, learned a bit more.

I updated itunes, updated my 'carrier' to 5.5, turned off phone (hold down top button, then slide to power off) and seem to now have MMS!

There are 2 ways to confirm your iphone has MMS.

Go to photos> camera roll> select one of your photos> press the box with an arrow in it> you should than see both
'email photo' and MMS' .

The other way to make sure its now on your phone is to to 'Messages'> on the bottom of the screen in the left hand corner
is a camera looking icon. If its there you should be able to send MMS photos, etc.

YMMV (your mileage may vary)!!!