Guide: How to SEND MMS from the iPhone

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

deftdrummer1

The power that be.
so I'm just curious as to where all the MMS apps that everyone anticipated for the launch of the 2.0 firmware.

karmafan

Does anyone know if there are restrictions to sending mms messages (like size or format of the photo being sent)? I'm wondering if maybe these mms.carrier.com addresses are giving us trouble because the photo isn't in a compatible format?

VegasRobb

Going to try both the pktpix and the mms.att.net and see which one gets the photos there. Hopefully both will work.

Thanks much for the information.

chromecast

deftdrummer1 said:
so I'm just curious as to where all the MMS apps that everyone anticipated for the launch of the 2.0 firmware.
I think our problem is that Apple's iPhone SDK is too restrictive and closed to write anything useful. For example, they really limit what you can do with the hardware and the OS. If you want useful apps, you'll have to Jailbreak I'm afraid.

XBarbarian

Liberty > Security
This is a Nasty weakness, I Think

I am still very dumbfounded that iPhone is unable to send Pics through MMS, or simply without both ends needing email service :eek:

baggss

Stoopid Ameican Rednek
XBarbarian said:
I am still very dumbfounded that iPhone is unable to send Pics through MMS, or simply without both ends needing email service :eek:

Both ends do not need e-mail service. Re-read the thread, you can send MMS via your e-mail to other peoples phones and it will be transparent to them. It will look like a standard MMS to them.

Robocub

Website
robocubnyc.blogspot.com
Give Apple a piece of your mind about this MMS issue

I highly suggest everyone tell Apple what they think about the lack of MMS capabilities. Ranting here won't accomplish anything. Tell Apple directly. You can easily do so via Apple's Feedback page here...

www dot apple dot com/feedback/iphone.html

nakamuramori2

that is really unconvenient. why did they make iphone unavailable to send mms ?? does anyone know if they're working on mms appl. ?

Spigot

baggss said:
Both ends do not need e-mail service. Re-read the thread, you can send MMS via your e-mail to other peoples phones and it will be transparent to them. It will look like a standard MMS to them.
Both ends do need email if you plan to receive a picture message back. I think it's absolute rubbish we even need to resort to a workaround on a supposedly "smart" phone. Not everyone has a phone that is capable of email in the first place, and secondly it's highly inconvenient to have a contact resend an MMS back to me in a specialized format, particularly if it was a spontaneous/group message to begin with. Additionally, a lot of phones do not allow you to send MMS/plain text messages to an alphanumeric email address (my old, supposedly high-end "smartphone" Helio Ocean is a perfect example of this).

Bottom line is that the iPhone is being marketed as a revolutionary multimedia cellphone, yet cannot maintain compatibility with almost standard technology that is readily available to the vast majority of mobile phone users, outdated/inferior as it may be. I think many iPhone owners are embarrassed that we have to explain to our friends (that may not be techno-saavy in the first place) that we can't see their MMS because we have an iPhone.

radtech

I agree I can't send pics to all my [email protected] contacts which sucks. I don't mind doing the phone number email way but that doesn't work either for AT&T

baggss

Stoopid Ameican Rednek
radtech said:
I agree I can't send pics to all my [email protected] contacts which sucks. I don't mind doing the phone number email way but that doesn't work either for AT&T
I've done it multiple time to other AT&T phones with no problems, just not iPhones.

And for those of you who seem to think this is a deal breaker, maybe it's just time you got a different phone. Changing this doesn't seem to be a priority for Apple so you can either live with it or you can move to a phone that better suits your needs.

radtech

well can u share with us how to email pics to a phone number @Att cell

kcinmusic1

The iPhone has so many amazing features and yet it doesn't have picture messaging. I just think that's really weird for such a great phone.

deftdrummer1

The power that be.
radtech said:
well can u share with us how to email pics to a phone number @Att cell
use [email protected] is what you need to use radtech.

I think the lack of MMS is particularly annoying for sending things like GIF, sound, or other things that you can't attach through email with the iphone. Sending pictures using the workaround is hardly a workaround. It's like eating ice cream that wasn't made with milk.