Guide: How to SEND MMS from the iPhone

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

jalago22

Sending Mms To Verizon

I tried and tried and tried to email pics from my iPhone to a friend that has verizon. Having my yahoo account setup, I kept getting kickback errors. Then getting on the computer to do it, it would go thru but the pictures would show up only as characters. So, I tried again from the iPhone but this time putting something generic in the Subject line and sending, and all pics when thru successfully in a matter of minutes. So I'm thinking perhaps Verizon kicks back if the subject line is left blank.

majax

Is the iphone ever gonna get mms messaging? 3 of my friends wanted to send pics of random stuff and I have to tell them, "sorry I can't get picture messages cause I have an iphone". So, I paid $500 for a phone without video or MMS capabilities but their $30 phone can do both? WTF?

If they don't get this on the phone soon I'm selling this and getting a razr.

technics100

I have swirly MMS set up and working on my iphone, on O2 in the UK, it can be installed through the installer app. If you need settings let me know. cheers you will also need preview to see the images received, but better than nothing..

hoopaholik

why is this a sticky?

i'm excited to learn solutions to this issue, but this thread appears to have lots of incomplete or less than functional solutions.
it seems like a sticky would have some good, useful info contained within.:p

harleymay

moot point

This will all become a moot point in 11 short days when the iPhone 2.0 software releases. I've been using the beta versions and sending pictures embedded in emails is extremely easy and intuitive.

With more and more smartphones on the market, embedding pics in emails will be a better solution than MMS anyway.

cobaltchroma

jasoncordelle said:
I disagree...strongly.
yeah, same here.
more people dont have smartphones and MMS is much, much simpler and known than embedding pictures into email.

jasoncordelle

I'm just stunned that the iPhone doesn;t have the ability to send pics that are taken on the phone directly to another phone.

in the developed world (outside of the US) that isprobably the second-most-used facility on any network (Vodafone worldwide make millions from pxt sending)...

In NZ it's just a given that every phone on the market can send and receive MMS except for the $49 throw away "spare" phones...

deftdrummer1

The power that be.
In the US the situation is quite different, the cheap throw away phones all have MMS because they lack any real application on the phone to sent or receive media, at least most of them do. Apple must have some seriously justified reasoning to omit this function on the iphone. Space?, convenience?, standard?, compatibility?, functionality? all have been presented as viable reasons.

jasoncordelle

It just seems such a simple application extension...take the pic, send the pic. I know of no phone manufacturer in our market that doesn't have this functionality.

I think there will be a lot of 3G iPhones for sale within 6 months in NZ when users realise how limited they are in terms of "standard" functionality.

Possibly there'd be a software or firmware upgrade that might enable MMS in the future, but I think now that the iPhone's going truly global, Apple will see that they have left out some basics that they really need to remedy...and fast.

adster

Website
www.adster.net
I just moved over from a Sprint PocketPC (that doesn't have MMS either!) and we've been using this website:

http://www.pktpix.com/

Or [email protected] and it will send a properly formatted MMS message to ANY carrier. I just got my new iPhone 3G so I'm anxious to make it work, or hack it so it kinda works :p

cab1024

Nothing is working for me. Not pktpix.com, not @mms.att.net. Nothing.

If I receive a photo it shows up on the almost useless viewmymessage.com. And if I send something with my iphone it never arrives...

Kinda bummed. Sending pix of the baby was why I switched my folks to AT&T.

adster said:
I just moved over from a Sprint PocketPC (that doesn't have MMS either!) and we've been using this website:

http://www.pktpix.com/

Or [email protected] and it will send a properly formatted MMS message to ANY carrier. I just got my new iPhone 3G so I'm anxious to make it work, or hack it so it kinda works :p