• With the number of recent threads from brand new users that we have observed in our Classifieds forum selling goods under questionable circumstances, we have instituted a new policy restricting new members of iLounge from posting new threads in the Classifieds forum until they have reached "Regular Member" status.

New users become Regular Members once they have made 10 posts and been a member of the iLounge Forums for at least 7 days. Prior to this time, members may still read the Classifieds forum, and even respond to existing threads for items being sold by other members, but they may not create new threads advertising their own items for sale.

This will hopefully help to protect our user community by discouraging fraudulent users from signing up and posting classified ads without having at least a very basic level of established membership in our forums.

Obviously all users should still exercise due diligence when making use of our classifieds forums, but we hope that this restriction will help to decrease the number of blatantly fraudulent ads that we have been seeing in recent weeks.

Please be sure to review our Classified Forum Policy for more information.

grr, kind of a dilemna (possibly getting a mac)

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

podio

Why are you reading this?
ok, Im in the process of trying to sell my dirtbike, I currently have a Dell E1505 laptop. I've always wanted a macc but didnt know if i would like it seeing as we have no apple store in louisiana, we just got a mac shop at best buy where I was able to play with some macs, I fell in love with the macbook pro 2.2ghz 2gb ram 128mb graphics card. I will be able to afford if my dirtbike sells, and if I sell my dell probably to the parents. Heres my delimna. They also had a really nice iMac either a 20" or a 24" 2.4ghz and I really like that too. I was solid on the pro since im a senior this year and gonna be goin to school next year but I started looking at the imacs and I may be able to afford an imac and keep my laptop I'm really confused on what I want. Any help or suggestions? (I have a 3 week run on my dirtbike in the classifieds):cool:

papayaninja

Better Than Cats
Website
www.google.com
The specs on your laptop look like it'll be fine for a couple of years, at least for school things, so I'd put aside the cool looks of the MacBook and go with the iMac. A good laptop and a good desktop is better than a great laptop IMHO.

JazzyMac

Jazzy Smooth
Tips on saving a few bucks: Check out Amazon.com for your macs. The same warranty and mostly quick shipping. The only thing is if you are trying to upgrade you can't do that on Amazon.

podio

my MacBook or iMac would probably not be upgraded any but I get a homeschool discount so its $1799 for the iBook and $1399 for 20" and $1699" for the 24"

JazzyMac

Jazzy Smooth
podio said:
my MacBook or iMac would probably not be upgraded any but I get a homeschool discount so its $1799 for the iBook and $1399 for 20" and $1699" for the 24"
Amazon also gives the 24" imac for $1699 with free shipping and no tax. Use your savings for peripherals and/or dinner out. :)

podio

cool, im starting to lean towards a imac and keep my laptop if possible, I really want the 24" but probably cant afford it. Im gonna have to see what size the one at best buy is. Macbook Pro though (groans) I like it sooo also, I was able to play with both and both are great. I really appreciate the help, and for anyone who reads through my long-### posts

podio

I dont show any rebates oh well. Hopefully my bike gets sold and i may go look at the two at best buy again and play with both of them for a little while this weekend.

podio

ok so I went to best buy again today, to see if it really was a 24" imac, and the guy is like ya its a 24" (didnt work the apple area) I looked under the system config, and its was a 20" I know becuase of the resolution of the display, So thats awesome, 20" is really big, plenty big enough for my room. I played with the macbook pro again and I still love both. I figure maybe get the 20" imac now, keep vista on my dell laptop. And If I really like mac then get a macbook pro later on. Its $1499 for the 20" so 100 more that my school discount gets me but It would be a run in and pickup type thing.

xboxman

Expelliarmus!
First of all get to grips with OSX somehow, then if you still want to get a Mac decide based on your needs. I brought a Macbook Pro for portability reasons, but now that I look back on it, for the same price I should have gotten the 24" iMac with the 2.8Ghz C2E processor. More power, bigger screen, higher specs, same price(ish)...and honestly, it wouldn't have been a lot harder to take that to college with me next year.

podio

I'm going to be staying at home while going to college, but I do love being able to have my laptop with me wherever I am around the house or when I go on vacation. But I figure if I can get an iMac and keep the dell I'd use iMac everyday and use dell for ms office ( just bought a windows copy like a mo tv ago) and goin on vacation and trips to see family. So far only 1 call on my dirtbike and i was at work and he never called back so hopefully things work out with that so I can get a mac. I'm also thinking of waiting till leopard comes out even if I had the money now.