Gripes with MC9..

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

joe2100

I can't belive i just spent 40 dollars on this huge buggy piece of trash.

My experience comes from using the latest build 9.1.230 and also the latest 9.0 version. Both had similar problems.

This is the buggiest software i have ever used. And not just buggy in the sense that it just crashes alot, but in the sense that is completely f*cks up my ipod tracks file names.

When trying to batch edit some file names on my ipod i selected a bunch of files and clicked on the space to edit the album name.. i type the new name in, press enter, and what do i get... it renames not the files that i selected.. but completely different ones and now it has created a huge mess..

On to the next gripe.. do smart lists actually work with the files on the ipod or only with files on the computer.. From reading these forums i was under the impression that they were for the ipod... because after all this forum is only here because it's relating to ipod, right..

next. Can you rename playlists file names that are on the ipod? I still haven't found a way.. someone plz let me know if there is. Never had this problem with Ephpod..

Oh and don't even get me started on the sound quality of this program .. booo winamp + eq all the way.

I should have just stuck with my old setup of CDTag 1.83 for tagging and Ephpod for everything else..

The only reason i got MC9 was because adding songs to playlists was a lil tedious with Ephpod.. oh well :/

anthraxx

Website
home.nyc.rr.com
joe2100 said:
I can't belive i just spent 40 dollars on this huge buggy piece of trash.
You could have tried it for 30 days for free you know?

This is the buggiest software i have ever used. And not just buggy in the sense that it just crashes alot, but in the sense that is completely f*cks up my ipod tracks file names.

Your not suppossed to edit anything on the iPod directly with MC9. You should edit your playlists in MC9 then sync them. I don't think direct editing on the iPod is something the Jriver guys are concentrating on.

When trying to batch edit some file names on my ipod i selected a bunch of files and clicked on the space to edit the album name.. i type the new name in, press enter, and what do i get... it renames not the files that i selected.. but completely different ones and now it has created a huge mess..

See above. Edit the playlists and MP3s *in MC9* (files on your PC!) not in the iPod. Then sync. All the changes you made within MC9 will be made in the iPod. As long as you check 'update tags' in the sync screen it will also update any changes you made to the tags on your MP3s.

On to the next gripe.. do smart lists actually work with the files on the ipod or only with files on the computer.. From reading these forums i was under the impression that they were for the ipod... because after all this forum is only here because it's relating to ipod, right..

You definately need to read the help page:

http://www.home.earthlink.net/~ashawley01/

Oh and don't even get me started on the sound quality of this program .. booo winamp + eq all the way.

?? I don't know what you speak of. Maybe your used to the artificial EQ setting you have in Winamp? You can make the same unnecessary adjustments in MC9. I don't use the EQ but I guess it can come in handy..... :rolleyes:

I had problems understanding how to make it work at first too. I think you need to calm down, take a deep breath, read the instructions and try again. The major mistake your making is trying to edit stuff within the iPod. This isn't ephpod. All the editing and playlist managing is done on your PC and then you sync to the iPod. I hope I'm phrasing this in a way that makes sense. I'm sure Adam will clear my rough edges up.

Oh and next time when you see a 30 day free trial at least give it a week. ;)

ashawley

Website
www.
Nice job Zeke, yup, you got it covered.

Bottom line, MC9 is a Media Player/Ripper/Burner/Tagger/Organizer etc. That's its key function. The iPod plugin functionality is not by any means the core functionality (unlike ephpod). The reason I state that, is it might help you understand why it's not as "iPod-Centric" as ephpod is.

So, manage your tags in MC9 (either from one of your playlists or from the Media Tree, it doesn't make a difference where). When you sync your iPod will be updated automatically without you having to reupload the entire mp3 which is one of the major drawbacks of ephpod. In that world you either have to edit the mp3 on your PC and delete/reupload the iPod's version, or make the change on your PC version and then make the change on the iPod's version. Two steps are taken to one in MC9.

Regarding sound quality. I have to strongly disagree with you on this one. You must have a taste in tunes that MC9 isn't by default set up for. But not to worry, open up DSP Studio and you can create any sound you like (Player>Player Options>DSP Studio). You can even set up different "Zones" which are saved configurations.

MC9 is designed and used by audiophiles with huge home theatre/sound systems. I can tell you this is a discerning bunch that would let WinAmp get near their precious sound systems.

Like I said, it just needs to be tuned to your tastes. The good thing is you can do that.

There is the possibility that the quality of your mp3s isn't that good in which case you're hearing things that other players were masking, but I can't be sure of that. Try DSP Studio. If you love thumping base, it will give it to you.

Adam

Last edited: