Green Day - Live @ Milton Keynes Bowl

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

iMacc

'' Mr 10 Posts A Day ''
Website
www.last.fm
Green Day - Live @ Milton Keynes Bowl

I went to see these guys yesterday and the first thing i would like to say is that these guys are awesome live !!!

I know a lot of people criticise Green day for not being punk,selling-out, or being a pop band, but tbh i don't care one bit.

I've been listening to these guys' albums for about the last decade and this is the first time i've seen them perform live. Yesterday was the biggest crowd Green day have ever played to. 65,000 fans were present and nobody was left disapointed.

As usual, the support acts took their turn.
Hard-Fi started things off and sounded really good. We only saw two of songs though as we were queuing to get in for most of their set.
Taking Back Sunday came on next but were quite disapointing as you could barely hear the singer over the guitars.
Jimmy Eat World took to the stage after them and this was fans began to cheer a lot more and clap and chant,etc...they put on a good performance but i couldn't wait for them to get off so Green Day could take their turn.

Finally Green Day began their set. Wow. They sounded perfect. they started with about six tunes off ''American Idiot'' and everyone was on their feet chanting and cheering. Every time Billie-Joe spoke he got a cheer. By this time it was starting to get dark and then ''classic Green day'' began. All of the best songs of their previous albums were performed to rapturous applause.

It was amazing how fast the set was finished and all went black and off they went......Not for long though as they had missed one song.........We were all chanting ''Green Day'' repeatedly for about five minutes and suddenly off went the fireworks and the threesome started Minority. I think everyone in the Bowl knew this one (even the 'American Idiot bandwagoners) and we all sang along to every word with the band.

11:15pm and all was finished. I had spent nearly £150 GBP and had nothing to show for it. (mainly because the beer was £3 GBP per pint) So we started to descend upon the exits. A further two hours waiting for a taxi and we were back at the hotel.

A pointless thread really, but i just thought i would share my great day with my fellow loungers.

Razor70

A post about having fun at a concert is never pointless! That's great..and I am jealous. I have been wanting to see these guys in concert since I first heard Basket Case from Dookie. I know these guys get alot of bad rap about them because of different stuff, but they are just a band who does what they want when they want. I get so tired of people saying that bands are "selling out" just because they change the way they play music. Bands have a right to do what they want when they want in my opinion. The artists tend to get tired of doing the same ol same ol and so they try new things. I for one have always thought it was cool that the guys in Green Day have tried different sounds in their music. It keeps it new and fresh! Well once again I wanted to say congrats on seeing these guys in concert. One day in the future I hope to get to see them before they hang it up (which is a long long time away I hope). Listen It Up!!

Last edited:

Razor70

Haha hard night of partying getting ready for the concert huh? I remember going to a AC/DC concert back in the 80's like that. Had a blast still, but man I felt like crap all day. Oh well, I still rocked out and had fun though and that's what matters!

violinmathchick

i'll be at the giants stadiam show in new york in sept...not only do i get to be in the pit...but i also will have a backstage pass...that night will be amazing

jimmeh

Ipodlounge's Jim
Website
www.4horsemensite.com
hey i was there.....best night of my life (except seeing sabbath at aylesbury civic centre a few weeks back, that was unreal) they did rock indeed. incredible, and even though me and my mate were in a bad part of the crowd at the end of GD, didn't stop us from completely losing our heads from when jimmy eat world took off to the end of GD.

btw for anyone interested theres a recording of the 19th show at www.dimeadozen.org and also radio 1 you can listen to the 18th (highlights).

kinda0punk

Website
kinda0punk.livejournal.com
Wow, the Milton Keynes show? Sounds great. I went to one of their shows in Jacksonville (FL) and it was the best night of my life, period. I've only been a Green Day fan for about nine months, but I have submerged myself into all things and everyhting Green Day. Like most teens, I was turned onto it by hearing "Boulevard of Broken Dreams" on the radio multiple times, but little did I know, I had been listening to them for years, thanks to my dad (who also supplied me with many of their cds :) I now listen to the older stuff more so than American Idiot...Insomniac and Nimrod are my favorites...but who can resist a little "St. Jimmy" every once and a while?

But back to the concert, those guys sure put on one hell of a show!!! Banners, fire, confetti cannons....amazing. The one thing that surprised me about the audience though was the amount of little kids I saw! I saw kids as young as 6 or 7milling around with their parents in the soon-to-be-moshpit area! One lucky little brat (sorry, but I'm jealose : P) got brought up on stage by Billie Joe to shoot a super soaker!

Incidnetly, theres no hypen between "Billie" and "Joe". Sorry, but I'm a perfectionist when it comes to somehting related to Green Day.....I''m just a tad bit obsessed : )