GPS 'find me' function does not work on my 3G iPhone

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

db-01

I've tried to use it lots of times in various locations in the UK and it never finds where I am, all I get is the circle thing going round and round.

I did use the map function once whilst out driving and I did notice the flashing blue blob on the map that showed me my location (I did not use the 'find me' function, the blue blob just appeared as I was looking at the map).

I have tried to update my iPhone but I have the latest version of the software.

On a another forum, someone has said that he had the same problem and an update on the build version of the firm ware sorted it out, but if I cannot update the software via iTunes then how can I update anything?

Is there a known cure for this problem?

spiderma

ive found that the gps has a problem finding you if you are indoors and using a wifi connection, apart from that works fine on 3g.

deftdrummer1

The power that be.
gps works best in a car while driving. It doesn't work where I work either because the building is too dense and it is hard for signals to get through. GPS also works best when you have a nice strong cellular signal.

kyussmondo

As others have said, make sure you are outside. The cell towers can triangulate where you are roughly but the GPS finds it hard to pinpoint you inside buildings. It can be a bit slow sometimes.

Imagine Engine

I've found it takes a little longer for the iPhone 3G to triangulate my position while indoors but if I'm outside or in the car it's very quick and more accurate.

iPulse

Wanna buy me an iPod?
gps is so poor that i dont even use it. maps is on my iphones 3rd page buried away with the likes of stocks.

spot1701

Rock 'n' Roll Doggie
Website
www.rfrogs.co.uk
I was in a carpark yesterday, and the GPS actually showed the correct car parking space that I was in. ;) But in general I find the GPS to be quite accurate, but only in the places where you would expect a GPS to be accurate.