Got an iPod but getting a mini too?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Mr94Supra

Nu 12in 1.33mhz PB ownr!
Website
groups.msn.com
Ok just curious, who has an iPod, whether it be 3G or not, and plans on getting a mini too? I am toying with the idea of getting one myself.:p

Ipodic20

lol your like an ipod collector, 40gb & 20gb planing to get a mini? wow ur porb loaded$$$$$!! jkn anyway i think my friend is in the stage of desiding if he wants a mini or 15gb cause the pirces are pritty close, so i am giving him some advice about the two but i think he is going to get a mini since i got the 20gb he already knows its features.He kinda wants me to be jelouse like he was when i got the 20 gb. lol tnx

ndogg

Why get a mini -- does the size really make that much of a difference. I, personally, like the size of 3rd gen iPod, it's a nice shape to hold onto and a pretty big screen. I hope apple doesnt keep making iPod's smaller till there like the size of those annoying boxy flash mp3 players.

But with the mini you pay $50 less (than the 3rd gen 15gb) and you get 1/3 the songs. Doesn't seem like a wise purchase, plus there are more accessories out for the 3rd gen.

ejd142

I just don't like the fact that you can't use the same dock and accessories. So no.

Mr94Supra

Nu 12in 1.33mhz PB ownr!
Website
groups.msn.com
LOL, me loaded? Nah I wish tho. The 20Gigger is my wife's and the 40 is mine. I use my 40 at work mostly but I wouldn't mind having a mini for the like gym, running and bike riding. Just to use while doing the more outdoor things I like to do. That picture of the silver mini beside the t616 was a perfect comparison for size. But it sux that it can't be used with the docks. Shoot the 20 can't be used in my 40, well it can but there is no support for it. Meaning the dock connector is the only thing that would keep the 20 upright. Anyway its just a thought.

Ipodic20

Lol I thought you had 40 & 20 for your self, I didn?t know you had one for ur wife, but now that u mentioned i think mini is for the outdoor sort of activities... hmmm what?s the perfect combination i am looking for? oh yeah its like going to the bathroom with news paper, but instad the news paper you can bring the mini that?s the comp erasing between the two, basic description. lol tnx
One u bring (the mini) and another one u leave beside CPU because it is expensive and you?ll rip the toilet off if you drop it by accidet!!

Christophe167

i'm not quite sure if he's speaking english above me.

i already have my 20 GB and i kind of look at the mini like a dog looking at an answering machine with his master's voice on it. It seems the same, but its missing something. Since the Mini holds 1000 songs, its going to be only for those without a major collection. As you can see in my sig, i have 2227 songs. More than half of those are just from the collection that I listen and the rest are from friends and family. $50 Bucks gives you so much more room with the 15GB and if you're going to keep this thing for a long time, the 15 makes more sense.

tysoh

Website
www.tyzon.net
I am owning iPod 3rd gen 20g now. This player already cause me a bomb, and recently I have just change a new PC. I have already spent too much. If I am going to get iPod mini, you know...
But if my mum gonna support me, I dont mind getting a mini.;)

SocksRule

I don't plan to. I just got a 15GB which was prefect for me. It all depends on your lifestyle. and if you ever need a small mp3 as compared to your other iPod.

iJman

The Avid Teenage Podder
In January when my dad finally decided to give in and let me get an iPod, the Mini had just come out. I was VERY close to getting it, when I realized the price difference was minimal, but the feature difference was phenomenal.

I adore my 15gig that I ordered, but I just wish it had a better back (and for that matter, front) casing so that fingerprints didn't show up as badly and annoyingly as they do. The things I like about the mini, you say? The more compact size and the very nice aluminum casing. That's about it... the hard drive is already too small for my collection, and I got my iPod only a month ago! My collection is sure to grow. :) Glad to be of assistance.

Messiahtosh

Went from the 5 GB original to the mini.

For me, it's all about size and weight. I do not want anything less than 1,000 songs, more is good but less would be irritating to me. I wanted the mini for the gym and outdoors types of things. I wont lie, the old iPod was never in my pocket. I either had it in my backpack or at home where I would use it to run with later.

I ordered a blue mini because I will be able to pocket it without really noticing bulk or weight issues. Running with it will be a delight compared to just holding the one I had in my hand, without even a case.

I am happy with 1,000 songs and a 8+- hour battery life, it is perfect for my active lifestyle and fits my budget well (I'm only 18). I cant wait to get it tomorrow! I blew a paycheck on the thing, luckily the price was 229 + tax to bring it out to 242 total. That is a whole lot less than I would have paid for a 15 GB iPod, I really think that if the mini comes to $229 by the summer, it will completely devastate the competition. So far, the mini is collapsing the competition of similarly capacitated MP3 players, once it comes down a mere $20-$25 it will own everything. I would even predice that iPod owners of the larger iPod would bite on a slightly less expensive mini.

That is not to say I think it is too expensive, and I think it obviously is right in line, judging by preorders and what I thought of it when it was introduced. A lot of people were dissapointed about it at first because rumors had us all believing we were going to see a $150 iPod mini.

Im psyched, plus, I'm going to have one of the most physically fit mini's! I run 4 miles a day 5 times a week. :)

manutd

iPodrunner
Yeah,

I am going to get a MINI iPod for my wife so she can have one to take to work and to the gym.

Then she won't mess mine up! I'm going to wait until Aug. (her b-day) though and hope that the price drops???

legofreak769

Mr94Supra said:
LOL, me loaded? Nah I wish tho. The 20Gigger is my wife's and the 40 is mine. I use my 40 at work mostly but I wouldn't mind having a mini for the like gym, running and bike riding. Just to use while doing the more outdoor things I like to do. That picture of the silver mini beside the t616 was a perfect comparison for size. But it sux that it can't be used with the docks. Shoot the 20 can't be used in my 40, well it can but there is no support for it. Meaning the dock connector is the only thing that would keep the 20 upright. Anyway its just a thought.
i don't get it what would make the mini ipod better for the out doors than 3rd gen cept that it is less expensive and you would end up paying less. but you could just take your 3rd gen outdoors or to the gym and save 250 bucks.

jonmon

I'm toying with the idea of selling my 3g 10gb and getting a mini. Maybe after i see what the 4g has to offer and rev. 2 of the minis :)

Vote1_Ahrnuld!

Ipodic20 said:
oh yeah its like going to the bathroom with news paper, but instad the news paper you can bring the mini that?s the comp erasing between the two, basic description.

Basic description indeed?!

Mr94Supra

Nu 12in 1.33mhz PB ownr!
Website
groups.msn.com
legofreak769 said:
i don't get it what would make the mini ipod better for the out doors than 3rd gen cept that it is less expensive and you would end up paying less. but you could just take your 3rd gen outdoors or to the gym and save 250 bucks.
A more rugged case design. I lift weights quite a bit and layin on your back (ipod falls out pocket), strapped to a machine sitting down (ipod falls out pocket). Its just too big (I have a 40) to clip to your waist and not bump into anything. And my 40 is just too big to clip to your arm. I thought about the waist pack but it would get in the way when doing leg work at the gym. I guess you would understand why I am interested in one IF you were like me and hit the gym 5 days (cough) a week. And when the summer hits I have quite a few mountain biking buds to hook back up with.

dawntreader101

iPod mini? Got it.

I have a 40g iPod that I love. I ordered a pink mini for my wife last month. It arrived yesterday. Now all I can think is why didn't I order a silver one for myself? I have not seen a photo yet ,and I've looked at alot, that do the mini justice. This thing IS the coolest. I will be getting one for me in the near future. If you have not held it in your hand you just can't imagine how awesome it is. I predict sales will only improve once people have physically looked at them. What can I say? I have iPod mini envy.