Good Format Factory alternative?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Janety

I used to use Format Factory to convert videos, but this summer I upgraded to Mac mini MC815CH/A. Format Factory cannot work for me any longer. A great pity :(
I tried Handbrake, but the parameter settings really make me confused completely. Does anyone know any other media converter that I get for free? Simple is always better, you know :D

kornchild2002

The absolute best, free converter for Mac OS is Handbrake. I suggest you play around with it and browse their website for some tips. There are also free walk-through videos online to help get you started. You will find no other free converter for OS X that offers the speed, features, and (most importantly) audio and video quality that Handbrake does.

Dannel

Handbrake is on my must-have app list. Generally I do not change the parameter setting when using it to convert, the default is OK, I think. If you want to try other free converter, you may try macx free video converter. I have not used it yet, but it is said that it is nice, too. You decide!

alice04

you just have to learn more about Handbrake and you're good to go :) If you want so softwares you can use freemake converter. It's easy to use :)

Sparkee

HandBrake is the best. Although if you want a good, simple fast video converter for a Mac you can't beat Video Monkey About Video Monkey . It doesn't rip DVDs but will convert just about any video to an iOS compatible video as well as auto tagging it with meta data for TV shows and movies based on the file name.

kornchild2002

I've actually been having issues with Handbrake ripping DVDs. It will sometimes work and other times I get a jumbled mess of pixels. It didn't happen until I updated to the latest version, it was a minor update released a month or two ago. I have always kept two versions of VLC on my computer; the latest version for actual video playback and an older version (1.1 or something like that) for Handbrake to use so that it can rip and encode on-the-fly. Ever since upgrading Handbrake, I have been receiving an error essentially saying that my system lacks the necessary encryption keys to decode a DVD. The error will sometimes come up causing Handbrake to close, it won't come up and Handbrake makes a pixelated mess of a video file, or Handbrake will do its thing. There's no pattern to what it's doing. I tried ripping American Psycho and it was a pixelated mess. I popped in the Evil Dead (2013) and it ripped and encoded that just fine. I tried The Heat (2013) and Handbrake told me my computer didn't have the proper decoding keys. That's been my biggest issue the last few months.

I've been able bypass all of this by using a dedicated ripping program and then converting using Handbrake. I'm actually OK with that for the time being as it did cut down on the overall time my system was spending before when Handbrake would do it all on-the-fly. Handbrake used to take 45 minutes to do everything (for a 90-120 minute movie). Now Handbrake takes 15 minutes to encode a standard length movie and the ripping program takes 7 minutes to rip it.