Gimmie some Jazz (Miles Davis)

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

PrintNameHere

I have Miles Daviss Greatest Hits and love it. Any other CDs by him that are worth getting? Also, are there any other similar artists you girls/guys can recommend?

Thanks.

pseudocide

illest villian
get a love supreme by john coltrane

birth of the cool and especially kind of blue are both great miles records

Kidtnt27

Miles Davis-Love Songs
Miles Davis-Birth of Cool
Miles Davis-Kind of Blue
Miles Davis-Blue Moods

All of these are great......and are a good starter list...if you would like other trumpet players...check out....

Wynton Marasalis
Chris Botti
Roy Hargrove

birchyboy

Although not the exact same genre, I like Charlie Musselwhite's 'One Night in America" album. iTunes categorizes this as Blues.

shakenbake

While "Kind of Blue" is considered the essential Miles Davis, I go more for the live club albums. I have some amazing live sessions from Sweden and Antibes that I'd share, if I knew how. Other greats: Charlie Parker, "The Original Recordings," John Coaltrane, Miles Davis at the Plugged Nickle in Chicago, Coaltrane "Parker's Mood Ko-Ko", Dizzy and the Bird, Ella and Louis.

Oh, so much jazz, so little time. . .

mausolus

iHungry
If you like jazz, try Charle's Mingus' "Mingus Ah Um" and if that clicks with you, listen to his "Black Saint And The Sinner Lady".

If you REALLY like Miles then get his "Complete Live At The Plugged Nickel".

Free you wallet and your mind will follow.

Kidtnt27

Of course....you can always check out some saxophone artists such as..

David Sanborn
David Sanchez
Joshua Redman
Charlie Parker
John Coltrane
Branford Marsalis

Kenny G-though some do not classify him as jazz...

Provboy

Miles' A tribute to Jack Johnson, and The Complete In A Silent Way Sessions are my most recent Miles purchases, and i must say, they're getting a lot of playtime

vitosha

I love Miles, and Bird, and Mingus, too. But I also like the newer guys -- not only John, but also Ravi, Coltrane! Ravi Coltranes's eponymous website offers free downloads of tunes from concerts last fall; they're worth checking out. I'm also a particular fan of Nordic jazz. Jan Garbarek is my favorite sax player. I'd say -- check out the whole ECM Records catalog -- some great artists, and all the recordings are really well done, great sound.

rooster

Oberon Drinker
there is not a single person in the world who should not own bith of the cool. that disc is one of the best albums of all time.