Getting spooked!

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

PerranOak

Just about to spend a fortune when I heard that MMS was not possible. It seems to be on O2 though.

Now I hear that ringtones and text alerts can't be changed! :mad:

I have an MP3 that I like as my ring tone and one I like as text alert. They're un-restricted, just things I've recorded.

So, can I have them as ringtone/text alert on the 3GS?

Cheers.

baggss

Stoopid Ameican Rednek
Ringtones can be changed and new ones can be added (I have something like 60 custom ringtones on my iPhone, all of which I made myself). There are multiple programs out there for Mac and PC that will let you make custom ringtones.

Text and E-mail alerts are restricted to only what comes with the phone. That's one of the few annoyances I have with the iPhone still.

MAD M5

There is a way to change the MMS or SMS tones but it involves replacing the old tune with a the one you want. Youtube, is a great source to learn how or see how it is done.

PerranOak

Ringtones can be changed and new ones can be added (I have something like 60 custom ringtones on my iPhone, all of which I made myself). There are multiple programs out there for Mac and PC that will let you make custom ringtones.

Text and E-mail alerts are restricted to only what comes with the phone. That's one of the few annoyances I have with the iPhone still.
So, I have this MP3 already created. I can just copy to the phone and it can be used as a ringtone or does it need further processing?

What are your other annoyances?

baggss

Stoopid Ameican Rednek
Do a Google search for apps that will allow you to make MP3s into ringtones. There are several good free ones out there.

baggss

Stoopid Ameican Rednek
No, they have to be in the proper format (.m4r) and 40 seconds or less in length. You might want to do a forum search here as there are several threads about how to do this.