Getting Music Match to sync up after clean install?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Hank

Website
www.interactivehank.com
I did a clean install of Catalina on my desktop computer.
My iTunes (Music) library is on an ext hdd
I use Apple Music Match to sync my (large) library between devices.

Everything was in sync and running properly prior to the clean install.

I pointed the newly installed Music application to the "media library" on the ext hdd in the Music App prefs.

I turned on Music Match on the newly installed Music app

The app loaded my entire library with "cloud" status. I then imported the library from the ext hdd and after the import was complete I had two versions of every song. One in the cloud and one on the local ext hdd.

After three days and multiple "Update icloud library" attempts. I still have about 90% of my library with duplicate tracks. One version is "Waiting to upload" and one is "Matched".

I feel there must be a better way to get my catalog back in sync and before I start over I was hoping for a little feedback.

Henry

cjmnews

Staff member
You could have possibly saved yourself some time by restoring a backup of your iTunes Library and all the tracks before enabling iTunes Match, eliminating the download process altogether.

It sounds like you only kept the tracks not the iTunes Library file, so iTunes is doing it's job by downloading all your previously matched tracks and trying to upload and match 2 tracks that were not in the online database.

If you do have a backup of the iTunes folder, you could quit this process closing the Music app, delete the current iTunes folder, restore the previous iTunes folder then start the Music app back up, and it should recognize that everything is already matched.