Getting Anapod to see movies properly.

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Pagnell

I have the latest Anapod Explorer (8.9.9) and have been using the iTunes replacement on my 60gb fifth gen for a year. While it is superb for music, I have always had a problem with getting it to work with videos. The problem seems to be that it doesn't really see the movie files as being different than music files. Sure it will list the .mov/.mp4 files when you select the 'Videos' option in the left pane but when you ask to view the Properties (edit tag) of a particular video, it lists them in the same way it would a music file - ie Title, Artist, Album etc. There is no option to list set it as a music video or a TV episode for example. At first I thought this was because the iPod Video was new but there have been numerous updates since last November (when I purchased my iPod and Anapod) and none of them have addressed this issue.

I would swap inbetween iTunes and Anapod but the problem is iTunes takes away any album art I have set up with Anapod and Anapod removes the video file configurations I have set up with iTunes. I also prefer the overall look of Anapod and would like to avoid bloatware iTunes if possible - it is this reason I purchase Anapod to begin with.

Does anyone know of a way around this problem or know a seperate video transfer program that will tranfer video files without the hassle?

Thanks in advance.

Pagnell

Over sixty views and no replies. I guess that means there is no answer to the problem. Thanks anyway guys, let's hope RedChair do something about it eventually but I won't hold my breath.

MadBob

I have to use Itunes now I have a 80GB iPod hust to get the TV and Movies into the correct folders. bummer but it is how it is until RedChair update Anapod.