get rid of the drm from your iTunes music

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Dewaine

Website
www.dewaine.net
Better yet, never buy DRM music..... Amazon has very high quality MP3's, no DRM and good prices. They also have hard to find albums, stuff that is not mainstream, that iTunes does not have...... I'm not working for them, I'm just saying I buy there and have had zero issues. Years ago I bought some DRM WMA's and I quickly figured out I really didn't own them. I could not use them as I wished..... never bought them again.....

fedge3

DRM stands for Digital Rights Management. Songs bought from iTunes can only be played if that computer is authorized in iTunes to play them. I also think they can only be burned to a CD so many times also. So if you wanted to give your friend some of your iTunes DRM music, you would also have to authorize his iTunes to play those songs. You can only authorize 5 computers total, so DRM kinda screws the whole "sharing is caring" motto.

ipodlover29

Registered iLounger
Dewaine said:
Better yet, never buy DRM music..... Amazon has very high quality MP3's, no DRM and good prices. They also have hard to find albums, stuff that is not mainstream, that iTunes does not have...... I'm not working for them, I'm just saying I buy there and have had zero issues. Years ago I bought some DRM WMA's and I quickly figured out I really didn't own them. I could not use them as I wished..... never bought them again.....
Well amazon doesnt offer a store for us Canadians to download drm free music yet. So this solution is for anyone who uses iTunes to purchase music. iTunes is getting better I see that about half the music I purchase from them is now drm free. I hope some day it will all be drm free. I mainly use this software so that I can transfer my drm itunes music to my cell phone or any other device which doesnt support drm'ed iTunes music.

kyussmondo

ipodlover29 said:
Well amazon doesnt offer a store for us Canadians to download drm free music yet. So this solution is for anyone who uses iTunes to purchase music. iTunes is getting better I see that about half the music I purchase from them is now drm free. I hope some day it will all be drm free. I mainly use this software so that I can transfer my drm itunes music to my cell phone or any other device which doesnt support drm'ed iTunes music.
Same here in the UK. Hopefully Amazon does offer it in other countries soon, I am tired of hearing people from the US saying use the Amazon store...

Personally, DRM doesn't really bother me that much from iTunes. I haven't ran into any problems yet. A lot of the stuff I get is iTunes Plus which is DRM-free, a lot of the lesser known bands offer their music DRM-free now, which is good. I like supporting smaller bands.