Function Needed: Compare on PC vs. on iPod

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Stensvaag

Law Prof
Website
soli.inav.net
I have far more tunes on my PC than my 30G iPod will hold. I don't use any auto-synching capability, but manually add new stuff as I go along (e.g., audio books) and delete tracks manually a bit at a time as I need room. That kinda works and I really like the fact that I have complete control over how full my iPod gets.

I'm losing track, though, of the wonderful tunes/tracks that I have been removing to make room for new items.

Does anyone know whether there is an EASY way to "compare" what tracks are on the iPod and what tracks are on the PC, filtering out all of the ones that are common to both, so that the user can see at a glance those tracks that are on the PC but NOT on the iPod? It seems to me that this would be an invaluable way to help iTunes users "re-discover" tracks that they have off-loaded over the past months to make room for other stuff.

Thanks!

John-Mark

mdobilas

Reductio Ad Absurdum
Website
lifescan.com
Dont know of an easy way to do this... anyone out there know of a program that will show screens with "what's on the ipod", "whats waiting on the comptuer", and what's "been taken off the ipod"?

that would be very useful for people with smaller ipods... like the mini who have to rotate often when you fill it.

I suppose you could use Itunes and sort by "last played"

noname

Player
This is kind of a work around,

Under the iPod Preferences (iPod Options) you can choose to sync only checked songs, then go through your library unchecking all the songs you *don't* want on the iPod. This could take a long time if your library is huge but it works very well since you can always tell which songs are and arn't on the iPod.

- noname

Now that i think about it, you could also make a static playlist with all the songs you want on your iPod and manually sync your playlists.

Attachments