Full intergration...

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

owenstar

I read all the posts in the thread stickied about the topic..but have other questions for people who have done it

I currently have the itrip and the sound quality it terrible...different songs play much louder than others...cell phones interfere with the signal...lets just say that I am not happy

So I looked at the units available and it seems better options are comming out soon...so I will hold off

Basically I want to know if the sound quality is better...do the remotes the decks use work to change songs? I know I had more questions...but my mind is blank

I have always been a sony car audio guy...do these decks hold up?

Thanks for the help....I am also not an installer so too much technical jargan will mess with my brain...

I own a nissan frontier 2002 king cab...7 speaker set up

malaflam

Well the quality on a direct connection is definitly better than an FM transmitter. With an Aux-in or one of the Ipod ready decks, how it sounds in your headphones is how it sounds in your speakers.

The remote changing songs...well that depends on your setup. If you just have a straight Aux-In all the remote is gonna do for you is adjust the deck volume. If you have a more integrated setup then you can control the ipod from the headunit in which case yes the remote could do the same.

I have no idea about Sony's ipod integration except that I think most of what they have done is using the CD Changer controls to control the ipod much like the IceLink.

owenstar

I dont have to go with sony...I am just familiar with them

do alpine and the rest of these people make decks as good as sony?

If I am gonna spend thousands hooking my Ipod up in my ride, I want it to sound like it cost thousands

TheBum

I've been very happy with my Alpine setup (CDA-9851 w/ KCA-420i iPod adapter). The sound controls allow pretty good "sculpting" of the sound quality.

The only down-side is the speed of navigating through the iPod from the head unit. The 2006 decks are supposed to address the speed issue by having the iPod interface built-in; the earlier models used an external box connected through Alpine's general purpose accessory (AiNet) bus.

owenstar

yeah, I kinda read up on those...these decks are very expensive...but if it works well, it would seem to be worth it

the audio control is something that is driving me nuts with the fm tuner...to use the remote to adjust or not have to would be awesome....as it shuffles some songs you can barely hear then others...boom...watch out