• [SIZE="3"][B]CLASSIFIED FORUM POLICY[/B][/SIZE] [B]Updated May 26th, 2010[/B]

The Classifieds forum is provided by iLounge as a free 'marketplace' to buy, sell or trade Apple media devices (iPods/iPhones/iPads/tvs) or related accessories.

It is not to be used for the sale of products by or to commercial entities, as defined by the commercial forum policy found here.

Permitted Items

• iPods
    • iPhones
    • iPads
    • Apple TVs and related accessories
    • iPod, iPhone and iPad accessories, such as cables, cases, speakers, headphones, docks, etc.
    • Original CDs or other original recorded music formats.

Note that when listing an iPhone for sale, the seller must clearly indicate whether or not the iPhone is locked to a particular carrier, and if so which carrier the iPhone is for.

Prohibited Items

• Computer software of any kind.
    • Computer equipment such as laptops, desktop computers, monitors, or other peripherals that are not iPod related
    • Non-iPod handheld devices such as personal digital assistants (PDAs), other MP3 players/DAPs, cellular phones, or portable gaming systems, whether or not they also happen to play digital audio/video content.
    • Gift certificates/prepaid cards (e.g. iTunes Music Store or Apple Store gift cards).
    • Personally recorded media of any kind. This includes any kind of content distributed on a recordable CD/DVD, casette, diskette, or any other media format, including the content of an iPod itself. While we recognize that we cannot force a user to erase their hard drive before selling their iPod, existing content of an iPod should not be advertised as a selling point.
    • Any item or lot of items with a selling price in excess of $750 US.
    • Other items that are not directly related to the use or care of an Apple media device or related accessory

Please note that the list of items above includes items for sale as well as requests to buy, and requests for trades. If you are not allowed to sell it, you are not allowed to trade it or advertise it for trade. Any adverts for prohibited items will be removed without notice.

All members making use of this forum should exercise caution in any deals that they may decide to follow up. While 99.5% of transactions close without a problem and both parties are usually satisfied, there are those individuals who like to take advantage and use the internet as a way to scam people out of their hard earned money.

We have set up a Buyer & Seller Feedback area for positive or negative feedback on previous transactions. You are advised to check the feedback on members before commencing.

You are strongly advised to use the most secure method of payment for any item you are buying or selling. Some general advice can be found here.

If we discover that a member has been involved in any dishonest activity in the forums we will ban that person and if there is evidence of a crime we will co-operate fully with the victim and/or law enforcement agencies to assist in making sure that justice is done.

Remember, we cannot guarantee that an individual is who they say they are, nor that they have the item they are selling.

When posting items, please keep the title of your thread concise, but include sufficient details to describe what you are selling. Also please include the prefix "FS:" (For Sale), "WTB:" (Wanted To Buy) or "WTT:" (Wanted To Trade) as this lets someone browsing the list clearly see the status of an item.

Once your thread is no longer necessary (e.g. you have sold your item), please close it. There is an option to do this in the "Thread Tools" menu at the top of the thread. Only close your thread when you are sure that you no longer need it. Closed threads will automatically be moved into the Archived Classifieds forum, as will threads with no activity in 60 days or more.

New Member Restrictions

To help reduce the number of fraudulent listings from users who clearly sign up for iLounge merely to post such listings, we have instituted a new policy on the use of the Classifieds forum by new members.

New "Freshman Loungers" will only be able to read the Classified forum and respond to existing threads and posts -- they will not be able to start their own threads offering items for sale until such time as they have reached "Regular Member" status ("Junior Lounger") which occurs after 10 posts have been made and they have been a member for at least 7 days.

• With the number of recent threads from brand new users that we have observed in our Classifieds forum selling goods under questionable circumstances, we have instituted a new policy restricting new members of iLounge from posting new threads in the Classifieds forum until they have reached "Regular Member" status.

New users become Regular Members once they have made 10 posts and been a member of the iLounge Forums for at least 7 days. Prior to this time, members may still read the Classifieds forum, and even respond to existing threads for items being sold by other members, but they may not create new threads advertising their own items for sale.

This will hopefully help to protect our user community by discouraging fraudulent users from signing up and posting classified ads without having at least a very basic level of established membership in our forums.

Obviously all users should still exercise due diligence when making use of our classifieds forums, but we hope that this restriction will help to decrease the number of blatantly fraudulent ads that we have been seeing in recent weeks.

Please be sure to review our Classified Forum Policy for more information.

FS: 3rd Gen MINT 30gb 3rd Gen W/ new battery, 2 iskin cases and extras!

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

raidersfann26

4G 40GB IPod Photo
This ipod was a gift to me about a week ago, since i already tried to sell my 40gb photo and nobody wants it im going to put this one up for sale, i have just taken it out of the box nothing else!!! here is the sellers original post that was in the box from the original seller :

so, i rarely use this ipod anymore – i had purchased it new in september 2003. it’s in very good condition – only light scratches and scuffs on the front and back from normal use, no major scratches, dings, or other blemishes (never been dropped).

i purchased applecare for it and had the battery replaced under warranty a few months ago (the extended applecare warranty expired in september). with the new battery, it plays for about 6 hours at a moderate volume. it exhibits normal ipod behavior (in comparison to my new 2nd generation mini) and reboots itself every now and then, particularly when it’s been sitting for a while. other than this, i’ve had no problems with it whatsoever. it will be reset before being shipped and will have NO music on it.

it will come packaged in the original box, with the original disks and most of the original accessories (i’ve lost 2 of the 4 original foam covers for the headphone earpieces, and 1 of the 2 plastic dock connector covers). it will include the headphones (used), 2 foam earpiece covers (currently on the headphones), remote, dock, AC adapter, firewire cable, 6-4 pin firewire adapter, 1 dock connector covers and original carrying case. the box is missing the UPC code since it was required for a rebate.

i’m including several extras as well:
- 2 iSkin cases – one black, one blue (this one glows in the dark) and corresponding screen protector inserts and belt clips, both in excellent condition
- 1 Radtech sleeve case in black, like new
- 1 ExtremeMac Sportwrap, in great condition in original packaging

This comes in the original box with all of the original accessories it came with. I dont really know how much this particular ipod is worth or how much the person who gave it to me for my bday baught it for, but recent auctions for just the ipod itself on ebay in okay condition have been about 200 - 250... so my asking price is 300 shipped via paypal with everything... remember that is just my ASKING price... it is in great condition from the previous seller... ive listened to it for about 5 minutes since ive had it... like i said the only reason im selling it is because i already have an ipod and i dont need 2 and nobody wants the other... so thanks to all who consider this and here is some pix.

http://img309.imageshack.us/img309/5162/untitled9di.png
http://img309.imageshack.us/img309/8992/untitledo9lq.png
http://img309.imageshack.us/img309/5550/untitledp3ta.png

Again this comes with

-Ipod 30 Gb 3rg generation in MINT condition.. nothing on the back at all... only 1 light scratch on the wheel

- original box and everything that came inside of the box, dock, firewire cable, headphones, remote, and packaging

- 2 iskin cases w/ screen guards

- ExtremeMac Sportwrap, in great condition in original packaging

aleppert

Would you be willing to sell iskins with screen protectors seperately?

Happy Holidays!

raidersfann26

4G 40GB IPod Photo
iPoddersYOUnite said:
ok..i can buy a brand new ipod video 30gb for the same price. with basically the same crap? are you stupid or just have unreal expecatations?
Um... no im not stupid... you must not have ready my original post saying i dont know how much these go for anymore and that is just my asking price, ill say it again since you cannot read or something, i dont know that much about this so that is just my asking price but the price of 3rd generation ipods is around 200 just for a 20gb in okay condition,... please show me where you can get a 30gb 3rd GENERATIONin mint condition with 2 cases and everything else for 270?... because from what i know and lots of other people, a 3rd generation with a new battery and no scratches on it at all is hard to find these days... in perfect condition keep in mind.

Last edited:

raidersfann26

4G 40GB IPod Photo
Okay look here.. that is just the price that cernatin sites would give you for a used one... im getting sick of arguing with you guys who dont seem to know anything about this but if you honestally think you can get one of these for under 200 then you must be on some kind of drugs... look at these on ebay and feel free to look for yourself if you dont believe me...

A 40 gb with only an itrip and a case extra without a new battery with scratches going for 300

http://cgi.ebay.com/40-GB-iPod-Bundle-3rd-gen-with-dock-itrip-and-more_W0QQitemZ5847572741QQcategoryZ67839QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

a 10 gig with no extras... with an old battery scratched 177 current bid

http://cgi.ebay.com/Apple-iPod-3rd-gen-10-gig-player-w-dock-case-itrip_W0QQitemZ5846815616QQcategoryZ67836QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Another one used with no new battery and scratches from use and no extras going for a little under 200

http://cgi.ebay.com/APPLE-IPOD-30-GB-3rd-Gen-w-Box-Accessories-LIKE-NEW_W0QQitemZ5847400781QQcategoryZ73837QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

A new 10 gig with no accessories going for 250

http://cgi.ebay.com/Apple-iPod-10GB-3rd-Gen-MP3-Player-10-GB-2-500-Songs_W0QQitemZ5847867293QQcategoryZ67836QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

This one still has 4 days left ... again used and its already at 150

http://cgi.ebay.com/APPLE-iPOD-40Gb-3rd-GEN-EXTRAS-CASE-MINT-A-DEAL_W0QQitemZ5849088297QQcategoryZ67839QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

So i mean dont tell me i can only get 150 for it in mint condition with a new battery ... try to find that many 3rd gens with no scratches and brand new batterys....and almost 100 bux in extras... if it doesnt sell by the end of the week im going to ebay it.. please only respond if your interested in buying, current price is now 245 shipped with extras, thanks

Last edited:

raidersfann26

4G 40GB IPod Photo
Nickster said:
Why don't you sell it on ebay then?
Because i have only sold a few items on ebay and every time (but 1) ive waited for the auction to end and contacted the winning bidder they never respond... i would like to sell this one as soon as possible that is the only reason i put it up here, i thought this would be faster then ebay, i sold my video ipod in just 2 days!

raidersfann26

4G 40GB IPod Photo
iPoddersYOUnite said:
this isnt ebay and people arent going to bid. dont base prices off of ebay.
Im aware this is not ebay... im not expecting people to bid... i just want to sell the damn thing!!! okay lets base it off apple then.. the 40gb 3rd gen in the apple store is 300 refubrished with an older battery (just called apple) .. is that good enough? again this is with a new battery with 2 iskin cases and a bunch of other stuff... price is 245 shipped which i think is a pretty good deal...but i want to get rid of it so ill take anything reasonable, Thanks

Last edited:

r6girl

geeky girl
Website
macgirl.net
dude, this is the ipod i sold you a couple of months ago and you bought it for $170. and now you're posting it here saying it was a birthday gift that was given to you and you don't know how much they got it for? wtf?

that's fine if you can find someone here who will buy it at your asking price, but if there's anyone who is interested in buying this, know that this guy bought this from me for only $170 .

raidersfann26

4G 40GB IPod Photo
r6girl said:
dude, this is the ipod i sold you a couple of months ago and you bought it for $170. and now you're posting it here saying it was a birthday gift that was given to you and you don't know how much they got it for? wtf?

that's fine if you can find someone here who will buy it at your asking price, but if there's anyone who is interested in buying this, know that this guy bought this from me for only $170 .
Um okay, Do you have any idea who i am?.. me and my boyfriend use the same account on here. however the paypal is under my account, my name is stephanie and my boyfriend gave it to me on december 23 for my birthday gift, he wouldnt tell me how much he paid for it and i dont really know until you posted this... However i had already gotton a refubrished ipod from apple. That is why i put both up for sale... but nobody wanted the other one, and yes i looked at the paypal history just now, because he just got it like last month and i do not shop on the internet, and it does say it was for 170 to an M. Schultz which i am assuming is you? well either way its not what you think so don't be so quick to jump to conclusions please... Asking price is now 170 shipped since that is what was paid for it... or i also have my ipod 40gb photo up for 240. I dont need two ipod like i said before