[SIZE="3"][B]CLASSIFIED FORUM POLICY[/B][/SIZE]
[B]Updated May 26th, 2010[/B]
The Classifieds forum is provided by iLounge as a free 'marketplace' to buy, sell or trade Apple media devices (iPods/iPhones/iPads/tvs) or related accessories.
It is not to be used for the sale of products by or to commercial entities, as defined by the commercial forum policy found here.
- Apple TVs and related accessories
- iPod, iPhone and iPad accessories, such as cables, cases, speakers, headphones, docks, etc.
- Original CDs or other original recorded music formats.
Note that when listing an iPhone for sale, the seller must clearly indicate whether or not the iPhone is locked to a particular carrier, and if so which carrier the iPhone is for.
- Computer software of any kind.
- Computer equipment such as laptops, desktop computers, monitors, or other peripherals that are not iPod related
- Non-iPod handheld devices such as personal digital assistants (PDAs), other MP3 players/DAPs, cellular phones, or portable gaming systems, whether or not they also happen to play digital audio/video content.
- Gift certificates/prepaid cards (e.g. iTunes Music Store or Apple Store gift cards).
- Personally recorded media of any kind. This includes any kind of content distributed on a recordable CD/DVD, casette, diskette, or any other media format, including the content of an iPod itself. While we recognize that we cannot force a user to erase their hard drive before selling their iPod, existing content of an iPod should not be advertised as a selling point.
- Any item or lot of items with a selling price in excess of $750 US.
- Other items that are not directly related to the use or care of an Apple media device or related accessory
Please note that the list of items above includes items for sale as well as requests to buy, and requests for trades. If you are not allowed to sell it, you are not allowed to trade it or advertise it for trade. Any adverts for prohibited items will be removed without notice.
All members making use of this forum should exercise caution in any deals that they may decide to follow up. While 99.5% of transactions close without a problem and both parties are usually satisfied, there are those individuals who like to take advantage and use the internet as a way to scam people out of their hard earned money.
We have set up a Buyer & Seller Feedback area for positive or negative feedback on previous transactions. You are advised to check the feedback on members before commencing.
You are strongly advised to use the most secure method of payment for any item you are buying or selling. Some general advice can be found here.
If we discover that a member has been involved in any dishonest activity in the forums we will ban that person and if there is evidence of a crime we will co-operate fully with the victim and/or law enforcement agencies to assist in making sure that justice is done.
Remember, we cannot guarantee that an individual is who they say they are, nor that they have the item they are selling.
When posting items, please keep the title of your thread concise, but include sufficient details to describe what you are selling. Also please include the prefix "FS:" (For Sale), "WTB:" (Wanted To Buy) or "WTT:" (Wanted To Trade) as this lets someone browsing the list clearly see the status of an item.
Once your thread is no longer necessary (e.g. you have sold your item), please close it. There is an option to do this in the "Thread Tools" menu at the top of the thread. Only close your thread when you are sure that you no longer need it. Closed threads will automatically be moved into the Archived Classifieds forum, as will threads with no activity in 60 days or more.
New Member Restrictions
To help reduce the number of fraudulent listings from users who clearly sign up for iLounge merely to post such listings, we have instituted a new policy on the use of the Classifieds forum by new members.
New "Freshman Loungers" will only be able to read the Classified forum and respond to existing threads and posts -- they will not be able to start their own threads offering items for sale until such time as they have reached "Regular Member" status ("Junior Lounger") which occurs after 10 posts have been made and they have been a member for at least 7 days.