• iLounge and the Discussion Forums are read by people in countries all over the world. The legality of DVD-to-iPod ripping will vary based on your country of residence. iLounge does not in any way endorse violation of the valid rights of copyright holders, and strongly recommends that you consult your country's copyright and fair use laws before copying any video content.

freeware program to convert WMV to MP4

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR
Status
Not open for further replies.

darkdreams

does anyone have a link or know of a free program that I can use to convert a 2 hour WMV windows media file to MP4 Format?

darkdreams

not a very good program it crashed twice when I tyried to use it, anyone have a stable freeware program?

laurenglenn

dbPowerAmp is something I've been using for a while. If you can find version 11.5, I'd recommend that if your a "power user" and like to set your own settings.

dbPowerAmp will work in free mode as long as you don't encode to MP3 and use Nero AAC (which you should be able to download for free). Version 11.5 also let you use Lame.EXE mode that let you use any version of LAME to encode to MP3 and giving you full control of the command line options.

You just select the folder of music files, select a few options, and let it run for a few hours while it converts your whole library. Mine took 5-6 hours to encode 1100 songs on an Athlon 64 3200+ at Nero 400kbps.

Lauren

Status
Not open for further replies.