Free Music Online

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

SpideyPod

Long Time Podder
Website
stationa.net
No, it?s not what you think.

Actually what I am looking for is recommendations in the way of artists who have not hit the big time yet and have been kind enough to offer their music free of charge for download on the net. Sites like MP3.com offer a broad selection of music, mostly by relative unknowns, and I was wondering if there are any independent music label lovers out there who might be able to suggest who some of the best bands available for free are out there.

Any takers?

mikey

check out archive.org...they have a huge live music archive, downsides: (depending on what music you're into) mostly jam bands and no studio recordings. most of it is in FLAC format, which is huge file size wise, so hopefully you have something besides a dialup internet connection.

SpideyPod

Long Time Podder
Website
stationa.net
Thanks Mikey. I will definitely check that site out, maybe I will find some undiscovered gems.

But actually what I am looking for is suggestions on particular bands or solo artists that you guys have found to be enjoyable to listen to but maybe have not advanced to the main stream and are still resigned to putting their music out there on the net in the hopes it catches on. There is certainly no shortage of this kind of music on the net but really I guess what I am asking is any of it very good and if so then who's?

Thanks again ahead of time.

geistwerks

scene.org if you like electronic music, with a bit of experimentalism. thousands of mp3's, demos, videos, etc. links too...

my favorite: thinnerism.com