FREE-Audible from Mount Everest

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Podunk

Audible has a cool thing going with two climbers who are on their way to Mount Everest. They call in regularly and report their progress along the way to school kids in New Jersey. You can listen and follow along at Audible.com

Here is an overview......
www.Audible.com/everest

To find the shows, go to the Audible.com home page, and type Everest in the search box. There is an interview with the climbers before the trip and a series of regular dispatches along the way.

They are short but very interesting. And free.

Last edited:

galaxygrrl

Parannoya,

You beat me to it. I was going to post that. :p

Anyway, all this is a very kewl series, the climbers are suppose to check in every few days.

Oh, rumor has it they are going to give away the Connie Rice hearing next Thursday too.

Cheers,

Beth

Podunk

You're too slow! :D

The Everest thing is really cool. But you'd think Audible was trying to keep it a secret. I only found it by accident.... on Google!

tiki_god

Website
www.goveg.com
Thanks! I just put all the audio avaible to my Ipod! I only found 6 entries, are there more? Also, it says the audio is from 2001, is this right?

galaxygrrl

parannoya said:
You're too slow! :D

The Everest thing is really cool. But you'd think Audible was trying to keep it a secret. I only found it by accident.... on Google!
I wonder why Audible has not promoted it.

Hey, wonder if it's the fact that it does not drive any paying customers for them, but why would they give it away then. Hmmmm...very odd. But it's so kewl, they are doing this! Hooray for Audible.

Podunk

Tiki- its definately 04. Looks like one of the shows is labled incorrectly. Six sounds about right for now but check back as they seem to get new reports every couple days.

Galaxygrrl- I don't mean for them to take out ads on Yahoo. I just meant to be able to find it on the Audible website somewhere. You have to have a Buck Rogers secret decoder ring to find it. ;)

Last edited:

galaxygrrl

parannoya said:

Galaxygrrl- I don't mean take out ads on Yahoo. I just meant to be able to find it on the Audible website somewhere. You have to have a Buck Rogers secret decoder ring to find it. ;)
So that must me you have a Buck Roger's decoder ring since you found it.

Hey, can you get me one. A green one to match my beautiful mini!!!!!

Smiles,

Beth

tiki_god

Website
www.goveg.com
they now have subscriptions avaible and 2 new entries:

Everest 4/04/04 - Babu Chhiri and WTC
Everest 4/05/04 - First Base Camp

Podunk

tiki_god said:
they now have subscriptions avaible and 2 new entries:

Everest 4/04/04 - Babu Chhiri and WTC
Everest 4/05/04 - First Base Camp
Tiki-thanks for the heads up on the subscription. Its a lot easier with the subscription than getting each installment individually.

Plus, you can set your preference to get an email whenever there is a new one and the email link will take you straight to it instead of having to dig around the Audible website for it.