• Please note that signatures and avatars on iLounge are only available after reaching certain membership thresholds.

Signatures

In order to be able to have a signature, users must have been a member for 7 days and have accumulated 10 posts.

Avatars are reserved for only the most senior of iLounge forum members. Users will not be able to use an avatar until they have been a member for a minimum of one year, and accumulated 1,500 posts. This is considered the Veteran Lounger level of membership.

A note on post whoring...

We welcome and encourage our members to make valuable and useful contributions to the iLounge forums, and to have fun, socialize, and actively participate in discussions on the forums. However, as per the Forum Policy, we will not tolerate excessive and unnecessary posting. Posting inane and pointless messages solely to increase one's post count in the hopes of reaching a higher membership level will be dealt with by the forum staff. Unnecessary posts may be subject to removal, and persisting in this behaviour will result in post counts being reduced and any further action being taken as deemed necessary.

• With the number of recent threads from brand new users that we have observed in our Classifieds forum selling goods under questionable circumstances, we have instituted a new policy restricting new members of iLounge from posting new threads in the Classifieds forum until they have reached "Regular Member" status.

New users become Regular Members once they have made 10 posts and been a member of the iLounge Forums for at least 7 days. Prior to this time, members may still read the Classifieds forum, and even respond to existing threads for items being sold by other members, but they may not create new threads advertising their own items for sale.

This will hopefully help to protect our user community by discouraging fraudulent users from signing up and posting classified ads without having at least a very basic level of established membership in our forums.

Obviously all users should still exercise due diligence when making use of our classifieds forums, but we hope that this restriction will help to decrease the number of blatantly fraudulent ads that we have been seeing in recent weeks.

Please be sure to review our Classified Forum Policy for more information.

Forum Upgrade Raves / Rants

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

B. W.

iMacc said:
I seem to be spending a fair amount of time trying to distinguish the sigs from the actual posts. It all seems to 'blend' together, if anyone knows what i mean.
Exactly. :)

What's with the new smilies by the way? :eek:

EDIT: The horrizontal scrollbar always appears on Firefox no matter what the width of the window is.

Last edited:

TheJosher

Music Is Your Friend.
Website
www.thejosher.net
EDIT: The horrizontal scrollbar always appears on Firefox no matter what the width of the window is.
Yup. And that annoys the crap out of me.

What's with the new smilies by the way?
I know! Sqaure smilies are the ugly.

It all looks very busy to me. I seem to be spending a fair amount of time trying to distinguish the sigs from the actual posts. It all seems to 'blend' together, if anyone knows what i mean.
Same here.. I think the problem is the little userbar with the username and profile info is at the top of the post instead of at the side. That way instead of looking down to read the next post, you look down to read about the next poster. I like it the other way better.

I also agree on the sidebar should be removed, it takes up to much space and makes everything look odd.

Josh

jh-retired

The ads aren't going anywhere, guys - sorry.

We are, however, still considering a switch back to the vertical post layout, and different smiles.

rooster

Oberon Drinker
i tend to agree with freddy, everytihng is way to spread out for me. i don't like having to scan the screen so much to get user info and stuff like that. oh well though, i'll live.....

TheJosher

Music Is Your Friend.
Website
www.thejosher.net
/me secretly tries to conjure up an adblock filter :)

Ok.. one more thing, what ever happened to custom titles? I used to have one, and I don't see an option for it in my profile anymore. I've been a member a while, and have have over 1,000 posts, so shouldn't I have a custom title?

Josh

neb

I agree with the 'busy' look. Perhaps the secret lies in changing the background to every other post, so users can distinguish where one post begins and where another ends. Either that, or you guys might consider making everything a touch smaller.

One thing I did notice was that the forum options drop down box once opened, was obscured by an advert. I don't mind the adverts being there, but I would quite like to be able to interact with the menu more than I would look at the commercial :).

I prefer the round smileys as well, but that might just be a case of getting used to things.

I also liked having the 'Forum Jump' box at the top, but that's just a preference :)

rooster

Oberon Drinker
azdude said:
We are, however, still considering a switch back to the vertical post layout, and different smiles.

that would be perfect for me, i like it other than the spread out user info....

enjoilax

Please go back to the vertical layout and fix the [img=] tag!
Otherwise though it looks fantastic!

iMacc

'' Mr 10 Posts A Day ''
Website
www.last.fm
I think once everyone gets used to the new way, the old way will be forgotton.

EDIT: Why are mine and enjoi's posts different to all of the others in the thread ? For the record, i like how they look :)

EDIT: My wishes have come true. All posts look the same now

Last edited:

enjoilax

iMacc said:
I think once everyone gets used to the new way, the old way will be forgotton.

EDIT: Why are mine and enjoi's posts different to all of the others in the thread ? For the record, i like how they look :)

EDIT: My wishes have come true. All posts look the same now
Hooray?

YES THE OLD GREY SMILIES ARE COMING BACK! RECOLOR FOR THE WIN GUYS!:D

Aren't 2 online now icons redundant though? Could you maybe change the font of the users, or bold the username so it doesn't look so... thin? Or switch to Arial :)
The priceline ad is causing my horizontal bar to stretch, maybe cut back on it by a pixel?

That little AIM icon has got to go, or it has to be iLounged.

Last edited:

mithra

NOT a mind reader
I'm using FireFox and I have no horizontal scroll bar. Is this fixed, or do you all just have small screens? (Just kidding) :D

B. W.

Big improvement. Things still seem a little out of place, but I'll get used to it.

If the navigation bar at the top of the site would strech just like the forum does, then I'd be one happy Lounger. :)

jh-retired

enjoilax said:
Whoa whoa your work isn't done yet! Back to coding!:D
Nobody said I was done ;)

B. W. said:
If the navigation bar at the top of the site would strech just like the forum does, then I'd be one happy Lounger.
That's coming too.

MikeM

Retired
I think its looking great! The reduction of orange helps a lot. I think the Edit/Quote/Quick Reply buttons look large at first but they are critical function buttons. People will know exactly where to go.

papayaninja

Better Than Cats
Website
www.google.com
I think it's still heavily under construction, as one page has been different the last three times I refreshed. So, my complaint no longer exists after I logged in, but when i was logged out the Post Your Reply button, the page selection links, and anything below them didn't show up. Maybe it was a glitch, but thought I'd let you know. Also, the old layout is much better than what it was earlier (the Username and Avatars to the left etc.)

edit: The one change from earlier today I don't like is the placement of the On/Offline "Light". It was much better next to the screenname. But that's tremendously small in comparison to all the new stuff that's awesome.

edit2:
MikeM said:
I think its looking great! The reduction of orange helps a lot.
Agreed, but it's still orange enough to be obviously iLounge.

Last edited:

enjoilax

When quoting someone, is it possible to have a quick quoted message, or do we have to go to the advanced menu?

Nader172

t3h ul71m473 h4xX0r!!1!
I don't mind the new format of the iLounge forums at all. BUT, just like enjoi said, I like the New Post part of the forum. It is something that is essential to iPod lounge because without it, a lot of threads wouldn't be answered. But all is forgiven for right now because I know that iLounge will put it back up.

And I just noticed that it has a spell check on the quick reply. Sweet deal. Nevermind, I guess you need to download it. I hope they still have smilies though...:confused:

Nate