• Please note that signatures and avatars on iLounge are only available after reaching certain membership thresholds.

Signatures

In order to be able to have a signature, users must have been a member for 7 days and have accumulated 10 posts.

Avatars are reserved for only the most senior of iLounge forum members. Users will not be able to use an avatar until they have been a member for a minimum of one year, and accumulated 1,500 posts. This is considered the Veteran Lounger level of membership.

A note on post whoring...

We welcome and encourage our members to make valuable and useful contributions to the iLounge forums, and to have fun, socialize, and actively participate in discussions on the forums. However, as per the Forum Policy, we will not tolerate excessive and unnecessary posting. Posting inane and pointless messages solely to increase one's post count in the hopes of reaching a higher membership level will be dealt with by the forum staff. Unnecessary posts may be subject to removal, and persisting in this behaviour will result in post counts being reduced and any further action being taken as deemed necessary.

• With the number of recent threads from brand new users that we have observed in our Classifieds forum selling goods under questionable circumstances, we have instituted a new policy restricting new members of iLounge from posting new threads in the Classifieds forum until they have reached "Regular Member" status.

New users become Regular Members once they have made 10 posts and been a member of the iLounge Forums for at least 7 days. Prior to this time, members may still read the Classifieds forum, and even respond to existing threads for items being sold by other members, but they may not create new threads advertising their own items for sale.

This will hopefully help to protect our user community by discouraging fraudulent users from signing up and posting classified ads without having at least a very basic level of established membership in our forums.

Obviously all users should still exercise due diligence when making use of our classifieds forums, but we hope that this restriction will help to decrease the number of blatantly fraudulent ads that we have been seeing in recent weeks.

Please be sure to review our Classified Forum Policy for more information.

Forum Upgrade Raves / Rants

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

jh-retired

Love it? No? We'd like to hear what you think!

Please contain comments about the forum upgrades in this thread.

- iLounge Staff

Last edited:

mithra

NOT a mind reader
Random first thoughts...

- I prefer round smilies... :p
- Searching has been disabled! temporarily, I hope ;)
- I preferred having the user ID info on a block on the left, the "header" version takes up a lot of room, with a bunch of blank space (especially for mods, helpers, etc. because of their icon thingy.)
- Switching display modes from "Linear" to the other two choices doesn't seem to do anything except put a big text box up with "undefined" repeated many times
- I liked having a horizontal rule to separate the post from the sig

- where did my User CP go?
[Edit#1/2: Found it, it's under the Forum Jump drop down list box, right at the top!, and also in the Quick links]

Last edited:

Nickster

GODZILLA!!!111oneone
Website
thenickster.net
The Quote, Quick Reply, and Post Reply Buttons seem really big. Those kind of bother me.

I agree with Mithra, I liked having something seperate the post from the sig.

jh-retired

For the ones that have answers at this point,...

mithra said:
- Searching has been disabled! temporarily, I hope ;)
Indeed - we're rebuilding the index. Searching will be re-enabled shortly.

mithra said:
- Switching display modes from "Linear" to the other two choices doesn't seem to do anything except put a big text box up with "undefined" repeated many times
A bug we've noted and are fixing now.

mithra said:
- where did my User CP go?
Use "Quick Links" at the top of any forum page. There are "User Control Panel" links in there.

mithra

NOT a mind reader
Seems if I go to edit an existing post, I have to hit the [Go Advanced] button to [Save Changes] my edits. Not sure if this is a browser issue, but I'm using Firefox.

I see a horizontal rule is back. I'll go edit my sig again. ;)

Last edited:

yinyang

Retired
mithra said:
Seems if I go to edit an existing post, I have to hit the [Go Advanced] button to [Save Changes] my edits. Not sure if this is a browser issue, but I'm using Firefox.
it's also been noticed on safari....we're looking into it :)

Last edited by a moderator:

papayaninja

Better Than Cats
Website
www.google.com
Simply the way the name of the user appears at the top of the post instead of next to it. Otherwise, it's very nice, good job!

enjoilax

Where is the New Posts button?

edit 2 - Quick edit saves, but doesn't close the edit box

edit 3 - Square smilies look stupid

edit 4 - I prefer a more traditional forum look.

Last edited:

papayaninja

Better Than Cats
Website
www.google.com
In this post I'm positive there was a picture in the post which I can no longer see... So, I guess embedded images don't work, on Firefox, IE6, and Opera, both Windows and Linux for all but IE.

enjoilax

No it works, just only using the default [img*] tag, which disabling img= was stupid

jh-retired

enjoilax said:
It's in the "Quick Links" pull-down menu, but it's not yet functional -- that requires Search, which we're rebuilding the index for. It will be ready later today.

enjoilax said:
edit 2 - Quick edit saves, but doesn't close the edit box
A fix has been implemented, but fixing it required temporarily disabling the dynamic site-wide navbar at the top of the page. We'll have to do more checking, here.

Derek McNelly

Website
www.myspace.com
I hate to say, but I don't like this at all.

It looks really cluttered, and is obnoxiously hard on the eyes.

The color scheme is very dull and bland.

The way usernames, signatures, and other post info are really annoyingly placed.

While cool on first glance, it's rather bad once you dive into it...

TheJosher

Music Is Your Friend.
Website
www.thejosher.net
I'm not sure what happened, but it would not let me log in. I typed in my password (twice), and no go. Typed in a few other passwords I had used in the pass, same deal. I reset my password, and I couldn't even login with that reset password! I had to reset it a second time to get it to work. Phew.

Josh

Derek McNelly

Website
www.myspace.com
Yeah, mine wouldn't log me in either. It would go to the "Thank you for logging in" screen, but as soon as that disappeared, the forum stopped loading.

I'm in the latest version of Opera if that has any real effect.

I had to log in by selecting the "Post your reply" button and then entering my info.

mithra

NOT a mind reader
enjoilax said:
It's funny how everyone that replied to this so far made a reference to searching whereas I thought he meant the "New Topic" button (to make a new thread). It took me a bit of thinking to realize that everyone was talking about the "Find Active threads" link. :D

B. W.

I really think the side bar on the right (where the ads are placed) should be removed. Everything looks out of place. I woulnd't mind ads on the top or bottom, or even a paid membership to remove them.

The show/hide and the online/offline icons don't really fit in in my opinion. I'm not sure what I would change about them though.

Signature text could be resized a bit smaller so it looks less obtrusive, or maybe even (I hate to say it) disable images in them. It works great in [H]ard Forum.

Last edited:

iMacc

'' Mr 10 Posts A Day ''
Website
www.last.fm
It all looks very busy to me. I seem to be spending a fair amount of time trying to distinguish the sigs from the actual posts. It all seems to 'blend' together, if anyone knows what i mean.

It's nothing that will keep me from visiting, i just need to time to get used to it.

EDIT: I like the offline/online button thing. It's a nice touch. Cute even.

Last edited: