Formatting my Nano

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Bonk

I just noticed that my iPod which I use with a Mac is formatted for Windows. (I used to use it on Windows) What's the difference between a Mac formatted and Windows formatted iPod? My Nano works on my Mac even though it's Windows formatted.

How would I reformat my Nano to Mac?

Han83

maybe somebody else can explain it better, but just simply Mac formatted lets you view your files, use the iPod as a external drive on a Mac where as Windows is the opposite. i believe the reason why is because OSX can read NTFS drives but not write.

however windows itself i believe cannot even read a Mac Formatted ipod unless you download something like MacDrive or something (i know you really didn't ask for that explanation)

anyway to format your Nano to Mac, just go to iTunes on your Mac, go to the iPod updater and use the Restore function.

hope that helps

Flyboybob

If you want to use an iPod on both platforms just format it for Windows and it will work on both. Apple is more open than Microsoft.