For those who are coming from a 5.5 to a classic

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

skruggie

Two questions -

1. Other than the cover flow, do you notice any kinds of differences in the classic vs. 5.5 and do you have a preference of one over the other?

2. The issue with smart playlists being broken in the touch and iphone - is this issue in the classic as well

I currently have a 5.5. 80 gig - absolutely nothing wrong with it, I just bought it 3 months ago. But I am planning on giving it to my parents and upgrading to the classic for myself, however at this point I am unsure if I will go for the 80 or the 160.

Thoughts? Opinions?

epaludo

I'd just upgrade if you go for the 160GB. Otherwise the differences don't worth it ...

mini_me2

1/8th the size!
epaludo said:
I'd just upgrade if you go for the 160GB. Otherwise the differences don't worth it ...
I agree. Unless you want the extra space and battery life, it probably isn't worth it.

skruggie

i do have my eye on the 160 but i'm not sure if I can justify the expense. This is not my main ipod but i use it when I am traveling or am in the mood for more than 8 gigs of music to choose from for the day.

I would also probably keep more videos on it at a time if I bought the 160, although I'm not really a huge watch videos on the ipod person.

Dosu

Lots of classics seem to have problems also atm, so if you do go you should wait and see what apple does, or cross your fingers

paranoidxe

I took back my 160gb classic for a 80gb 5.5G...that should tell you something.

skruggie

Here's a question - when I watch a 60 minute tv show that I have encoded from a dvd, it eats into the battery big time - what would be the difference in battery performance between the 5.5 and classic under those circumstances? There is a huge, huge difference between playing music and playing video in battery performace in the 5.5 that I currently have and I have to be very careful about conserving the battery when I am not going to be able to charge the ipod for several hours, which is why I rarely use it for video.