FM Transmitter possible in Los Angeles?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Kay0909

Website
www.kay0909.com
Please choose the appropriate forum for this topic. Thank you. I'm in the market for an FM Transmitter for my iPod because my new car does not have a tape deck so I can no longer use my cassette adapter.

I thought about buying the iTrip, but my friend told me it was terrible. He let me borrow his to test it out myself, and when I did I got a lot of static and terrible sound quality.

Does anyone have any more reccomendations for FM Transmitters if the iTrip isn't working for me? Maybe theres something I'm doing wrong with the iTrip? And has anyone had any luck getting FM Transmistters to work WELL in Los Angeles?

Thanks!

GavinD

FM modulators are basically all the same. They have very poor sound quality and they work even worse in urban areas. Your best bet is to invest in a adapter that makes a direct connection. By making a direct connection you will produce really clear ???cd like??? sound and it will also charge the iPod. You can go here and compare the two www.ipodcarkits.com I ended up getting the neo ion off of www.mp3yourcar.com and it has worked out good for me.

Last edited:

JohnnieRay

Website
www.larry-d.com
I bought and tried an iTrip in Los Angeles, and it was the worst. I suggest you learn from my ($50) mistake. I have had an AUX-Pod (auxiliary input) installed in my car stereo and it works like a charm. One caveat: if you get an AUX-Pod, make sure to also have an "iPod filter" installed, otherwise you'll get terrible hissing sound and you'll be able to hear the whirring of the iPod's hard drive through your speakers. Have I mentioned that iTrip doesn't work in Los Angeles?

gregmeach

GavinD said:
FM modulators are basically all the same. They have very poor sound quality and they work even worse in urban areas. Your best bet is to invest in a adapter that makes a direct connection. By making a direct connection you will produce really clear ???cd like??? sound and it will also charge the iPod. You can go here and compare the two www.ipodcarkits.com I ended up getting the neo ion off of www.mp3yourcar.com and it has worked out good for me.
I feel I have to correct you. You meant to say FM Transmitters and not modulators. I have a good quality FM Modulator installed in my wife's Saab and it works very well because it actually disconnects the antenna to prevent station bleeding. In fact when I pause the iPod it is completely silent, no static, no hiss nothing.

So as an option for people that want to keep there stock head unit and it doesn't have an aux-in port and FM Modulaotr is indeed a viable solution.
:cool:

PS FM Transmitters due indeed sux!

Trevoror

FM transmission is possible in some specific areas of the Los Angeles..
But one thing is to be notes that we should have strong adopter to catch the signal of the FM.