FM Modulator other than iTrip and Tunecast?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

KraziKid

I'm looking for an FM Modulator/Transmitter other than those two. I have the iTrip, do not like it. Had the newer tunecast, that whistle annoyed me to hell. Now I have the older style Tunecast. I love this thing, but the small amount of channels is killing me. I just drove through NYC with this, and realized how useless those channels are. Does anyone know of a good FM transmitter that has the same amount of channels (or close to) as the iTrip, and not the annoying high pitched tone from the new tunecast? Thank's for the help.

mikey

the gruv-x and audia-x work pretty well- they beat the iTrip for G1/G2 in every review I saw and the gruv-x has been great for me on long trips. They are now known as the belkin digital FM transmitter, the only differences seeming to be the price and a white case. The gruv/audia x was about $20-25 when they were out (might still be available somewhere) the belkin is now $39.95.

KraziKid

mikey said:
the gruv-x and audia-x work pretty well- they beat the iTrip for G1/G2 in every review I saw and the gruv-x has been great for me on long trips. They are now known as the belkin digital FM transmitter, the only differences seeming to be the price and a white case. The gruv/audia x was about $20-25 when they were out (might still be available somewhere) the belkin is now $39.95.
The digital one is the new one. I tried that, but it also emits a high pitched tone along with the music. That really bothered me.

Androoos

You could get an iRock...I had one before I got my 3G iTrip. It was $29.99 at Radio Shack. Basically, it sucked. It only gives you 4 frequencies: 88.1, 88.3, 88.5 and 88.7. It only worked under optimal conditions and it ate batteries as a snack...I could listen for 2 hours and then it would start to hiss. The best time it worked was during Hurricane Isabel (when all the power was knocked out here and there were only a few radio stations broadcasting!) Not good in my opinion.

TimTheEnchanter

Website
www.spymac.com
mikey said:
I read somewhere that if you can get your hands on Audia-x packaged for European market, it has a stronger transmission than whats allowed in the US (gov't regs). Plus having the digital tuning is a great feature since you can dial in the best frequency for your area...which you can find by downloading (OSX) iTrip Station Finder.

TimTheEnchanter :)