Fix for Blank Right Channel in WAV File?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Stensvaag

Law Prof
Website
soli.inav.net
Please choose the appropriate forum for this topic. Thank you. I've been converting books on audio tape from the library into iTunes files in real-time using PolderBits. I just encountered a tape that is missing one of the stereo channels (silent right channel). I realize that I could use a mono plug from the tape player to the computer, but I already have the resulting WAV file with a blank right channel.

Does anyone know of a clever fix for this? Because it is an audiobook, I really don't mind that I am not getting two different channels, but it will be a bit annoying to listen to that 45 minutes out of only one ear. :)

Thanks for any advice!

John-Mark

Rigby

i know like
adobe premere
can duplicate chanels....do a search around for some audio software, im sure theres one out there that can duplicate the chanel

Stensvaag

Law Prof
Website
soli.inav.net
Rigby said:
i know like
adobe premere
can duplicate chanels....do a search around for some audio software, im sure theres one out there that can duplicate the chanel
Brilliant! Thanks for the advice. For what it is worth to others with this problem, here is how I solved my problem:

1. Open the damaged WAV file in GoldWave

2. Select Effect > Steroe > Channel Mix > Mono Left

3. After the file is processed, duplicating the left channel on the (blank) right channel, save under a new name.

Thanks for the help!