firmware 2.1

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

KraziKid

Do the benefits outweigh the problems? Does anyone think that I should use firmware 2.1 over 2.0.1? I do not use the voice recorder.

bobcostas

I had 2.1, the battery meter annoyed me so much i switched back to 2.0.1

KraziKid

Zeratul said:
Hmm I actually liked the new batter meter more...
I don't think he disliked the new meter, I think it's the fact that it is not accurate any longer. It seems to jump around a lot. I think I am going back to 2.0.1.

ashawley

Website
www.
Never bugged me. 'Course the meter on 2.0.1 jumps around too. It's just that it happens when the cache is reloaded so you don't notice it as much. Goes down and then up again.

Adam

KraziKid

ashawley said:
Never bugged me. 'Course the meter on 2.0.1 jumps around too. It's just that it happens when the cache is reloaded so you don't notice it as much. Goes down and then up again.

Adam
So do you think I should stick with 2.1? Does it have a shorter or longer battery life (ignoring the meter)?

ashawley

Website
www.
I personally don't think there is any change in battery life. There may be a perceived change (due to the fluctuating battery meter), but I don't think it's real.

Adam

Scud

Noticed that the battery meter takes its time to go back up and display full charge after being taken off the dock. If you stuck it in when flat and took it off after a few hours it shows flat initially but after about 5 minutes the battery meter creeps up to show full charge. Have been using 2.1 for about 10 days just to reconfirm this.

Sam Williams

The battery meter is a waste of space with v1.3 as well. I never even look at it any more. I use the thing when I want to, and charge it at every opportunity, and it never seems to run out; I'd be happy with no meter at all. :)

jiggles

Website
www.extreme-nepal.com
i thought 2.1 was supposed to solve technical things with power as well...is this not true? i've even read some posts where folks think it got worse...no idea how to verify such things...i guess a lot of folks are just not happy with battery life...myself included. so i ordered the belkin thingee....we'll see if that helps. i like the posts where people are making them out of altoid cans and whatnot...now that's cool...a 400$ ipod and a battery pack in a tin can.