Finding albums under Genre in iPhone music app

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Hogsbro

With iOS 7, when I choose to view by genre, I get a list of artists. With iOS 6 I got a list of a albums which is much more useful to me. All albums have a title, but not all have an artist, and thus do not show up. Is there anything to be done about this?

rockmyplimsoul

Website
www.last.fm
There is nothing you can do to change this, but there may be a workaround for you ... see this iLounge tip where you search by Genre (within the Music app, not Spotlight search):

Shuffling music by Genre in iOS 7 | iLounge Tips

You don't necessarily have to shuffle, but if you're presented with albums in the search results that may be of help.

This particular issue doesn't affect the way I use the Music app, but there are plenty of other Music issues that I'm really disappointed with in iOS 7 ... what the hell were they thinking?!!

Hogsbro

What the hell indeed!
Thanks for the suggestion, but when I search for the genre, all albums are marked as unknown and apparently sorted by artist still. Very hard, and sometimes impossible, to find what I'm looking for. Simply unbelievable in my opinion.
Anyone have a suggestion for alternative music player apps?

kornchild2002

Are all of your tracks properly tagged? Whenever I browse the library of music on my iPhone through genres, all of the artists show up without issues. I can then select which artist I want to view. I am no longer presented with an album view but rather an artist view. All of my music is properly tagged though. That's aside from the article listed on iLounge.

iOS 7 has messed up the music app. It's performance is finicky, at best, and there are quite a few bugs. For example, whenever I try to start playing music after I've "exited" the music app (whether I go back to the music app or go through the control center), it takes my iPhone 5 a good 15-20 seconds before I can actual initiate playback, skip to the next song, go to the previous song, or make any type of selection whatsoever. The music app used to perform really smooth under iOS 6 but it's a mess with iOS 7.

Hogsbro

Yeah. My initial problem is that I pick music by album, not by artist. The artists not showing up only happens when I search by genre, not when I browse by genre (how is that for inconsistency?).