• With the number of recent threads from brand new users that we have observed in our Classifieds forum selling goods under questionable circumstances, we have instituted a new policy restricting new members of iLounge from posting new threads in the Classifieds forum until they have reached "Regular Member" status.

New users become Regular Members once they have made 10 posts and been a member of the iLounge Forums for at least 7 days. Prior to this time, members may still read the Classifieds forum, and even respond to existing threads for items being sold by other members, but they may not create new threads advertising their own items for sale.

This will hopefully help to protect our user community by discouraging fraudulent users from signing up and posting classified ads without having at least a very basic level of established membership in our forums.

Obviously all users should still exercise due diligence when making use of our classifieds forums, but we hope that this restriction will help to decrease the number of blatantly fraudulent ads that we have been seeing in recent weeks.

Please be sure to review our Classified Forum Policy for more information.

Final Fantasy XI

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Mr94Supra

Nu 12in 1.33mhz PB ownr!
Website
groups.msn.com
Ok, I have played one of the games on the Super NIntendo I think and that was the only one I liked. Old skool but nice. I hated the ones on the PS2. I played FF8 I think and only lasted until the 3rd disk and that was maybe 2 yrs ago and haven't touched it since. So I've never been a fan of the series. I only bought FFXI for the harddrive for my PS2.

Ok, I though...hmmm 30 day free online trial. I'll try it. MAN THIS GAME ROOOOOCKS! I have an Xbox and I kick arse in Rainbow 6, GR, and GRIT. Also have the NEW Splinter Cell but I haven't played me xbox since last Thursday. I can't get enuff of the game. Those who play it know how long it takes to get a character to lvl 12 (which is where my character is now) can get an idea of how much TIME I've already invested in this game. Everyone I've run across is really cool, ppl helping you out in a jam. Closest thing to real life i've ever seen in a game in a video game. Me buds are calling me a geek and all that cause of the game. LOL, man me a GEEK? I am so far from being a geek is funny. ANYWAY, the game is tight can't believe what I've been missing in MMORPGs. :D

bastion

You have no idea how badly I want to play this game. I'm a diehard FF fan and all around RPG fan. Unfortunately I just don't have the time to get sucked into it and let it consume my life, as would be the only proper way to play such a game, especially since you are paying for it monthly. But I've been dying to get into it. Fortunately I've got FFX2, Crystal Chronicles, Splinter Cell Pandora, and UT2004 to keep me busy for awhile :D Oh, and my pod too.

dietrite

Pwning All The Noobs
Website
www.xbox-scene.com
i ordered this game from some half as*s seller on half.com, and sent him payment but never received the freeking game man.. :( so i'm in the process of filing a fraud claim and try to get the game from somewhere else... i've been anticipating this game for the pc for months now!! how is the ps2 port (version)???

Christophe167

i am very tempted to get this for either PS2 or PC, problem is I have a busy schedule and the 12 dollars a month turns me off. I'll just have to live vicariously through you heheh.

monkedsel

*perfectmachine
I have FF XI. I was in the beta for PS2, and as a reward for returning the HD, they sent me (and all the other testers obviously) a retail version FREE in the mail, which is very nice, let me tell you. Of course I still have to pay the monthly fee, but it was very nice to get it free, it's almost too good to be true, but then it materialized on my front porch last week. Everyone I know is really jealous of me, heh. The only thing that sucks is that beta testers have to start over from scratch, so after reaching level 30 and going through the agony of the Dunes and Quifm I have to start over and do it all again. Also you were supposed to be able to keep your handle and your Friend List but there were no instructions on how to do that so I had to open a new account. But what's nice is that I know how the game works and my way around everything. I'm doing things a lot more efficiently from the start instead of the hard way.

It can be very time consuming, but honestly by now I am so used to playing it (beta lasted 2 months for me) that I don't play it like I used to. Back then I was playing for at least 5 hours a night (yet managed to excel in my classes, I have no idea how) but now I am not so obsessed and it is not unusual for a night to go by where I don't play. But in the beginning, ah, yes, it did rather suck in my soul. It's weird, it's always, I'll leave after I go up one more level... and you get higher and higher and aquire more and more friends and you're in these parties and you don't want to leave because you have a good party that knows how to play and are getting a lot of xp... also being a white mage, I was crucial to the party's success since you can't effectively play without a white mage... I mean you can but you are going to die a lot... so I guess, no, you can't effectively play. So often times, if I went, that was the end of the party if it was late and not many people were on anymore that day. Ah, memories...

Please do not consider the PS2 version a port, if anything it predates the PC version (in Japan), and at the very least they were developed in tandem. Anyway, unless you have an extremely robust PC, I would pass on the PC version and get the PS2, because you know it will run perfectly and will not have to make any compromises graphically (like turning off effects if your PC is not up to snuff). Also I personally find it vastly preferably to lay in bed or sit on the floor and play and not be hunched over some desk for hours at a time.

My character is Olio, I'm on the Unicorn server. Level 7 White Mage/Male/Elvaan.

January2712

Bill Gates is a geek and just how rich is he? I use that as a inspiration when people call me a geek....hahahaha....but I'm not really a true geek....just use it for games and chatting...

IronSerif

100% Dead Sexy
actually I was thinking about playing this game too. Looks really appealing!

I love how both PS2 players and PC users can communicate and interact in the same environment.

I just hate how these games have the monthly subscription costss :( Only big turnoff IMO

Mr94Supra

Nu 12in 1.33mhz PB ownr!
Website
groups.msn.com
yeah 12 bux is really high, but man I luv this game. I'm lvl 18 just about to hit 19. I'm working on getting my support job now. I play hours on hours. Wife hasn't left me yet, hee hee. It plays EXTREMELY well on the PS2. I've only noticed a little slow down when everyone (about 30 or so PC) were clustered around one gate because of the blasted egg hunt. LOL, I thought that was rather cool how the moogles just appeared one day giving out eggs and sending folks off on egg hunts (SWEET). The game is really really ground breakin. I haven't played the new Splinter Cell since last Tuesday and that was only cause one of me boys wanted to hook up and do Live play. I tell ya the only thing that could be better than this is IF Fantasy Online by Xbox has the same gameplay free with LIve subscription. Can ya believe I've already found ways to cut costs so I can keep playing FFXI and make up for the extra 12 bux a month i pay? And I am a die hard Xbox (Rainbow 6, GR, GRIT, SC1 &2,...) fanboy. My Ps2 has found new life..... :D Oh yeah, on the Asura Server, and I'm called Cooler.

monkedsel

*perfectmachine
The Egg Hunt is insane... the lag in the cities now is insane if there is a Moogle nearby. I had to turn on the chat filter because I couldn't stand the people screaming about what eggs they need. Fortunately today is the last day... but I did make a lot of money selling eggs and Chocobo Tickets and Drops in the meantime. I have to disagree about the game being groundbreaking... it has its moments but everyone who has played other MMORPGs say that while it is good, overall it is nothing new.

I am not looking forward to paying the fee either... I was hoping for a tidy $9.99 a month... but the entire industy is charging the same amount so...

enjoilax

*cough* gamer dorks *cough*

I will stick w/ my FPS, CS-CZ and others spank you very much.

Mr94Supra

Nu 12in 1.33mhz PB ownr!
Website
groups.msn.com
Yeah I got tired of the shouting for selling eggs, i never participated in it. Found an egg I threw it away. Still sweet game. LOL, enjoilax you a gamer dork too playing your fps. I thought CS for the Xbox stunk something fierce. i luv my MA, RB6, SC Pandora, GR, and GRIT (NEW TRENCH MAP!!!!). I rock fps too spank U very much, just this is a new thing to me and I think it pretty phat.

How the heck do you get the blasted chiken license!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MetalMike

Rockin' It 3rd School
most of the people you find on FFXI are really nice cause its been out in Japan for a while, and in Japan, people have RESPECT for others.