Favorite EPs

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

mizzle

I'm not sure if this would go here or in reccomendations but if it doesn't belong here please move! :p

Anyway just wondering what are some great EPs. I've been getting into these alot more lately because they are cheaper and don't use nearly as many emusic credits :p .
Any EPs you really enjoy?

I like
Beirut - Lon Gisland EP
Arcade Fire EP
TV on the Radio - Young Liars EP

antiditz

Good topic, mizzle. I love a good EP; it's like a little gift -- and a casual relationship ;) -- you get to enjoy yourself without the long-term commitment a full album can take.

Some good ones:

Death Cab for Cutie - Forbidden Love EP
Iron and Wine - Woman King EP
Eisley - Marvelous Things EP
The Little Ones - Sing Song EP

melsmusic

I like EPs too, as you often get those tracks that become hard to find years down the track.

I mainly only have Jimmy Barnes, Diesel & John Butler Trio EPs though, and 1 Silverchair. No-one is going to know much about them I assume.

bdb

On the B side of life
Alexi Murdoch - Four Songs All but one song ended up on Time Without Consequence, but still a great EP.
Earlimart - Answers and Questions Possibly sign of a great album to come later this year.
Owen - The EP Much of this is on my sleepytime playlist, but its nice music.
Aimee Mann - Humpty Dumpty Aimee (formerly of Til Tuesday) is such an amazing songwriter.

All available on eMusic.

Also:
Sparrow House - Falls. I was lucky enough to grab this for its short stint on eMusic. Some nice quiet acoustic from Jared Van Fleet (Voxtrot). Might be a little sleepy for some of you. :)

camille

hitori.
Woman King -- Iron & Wine
Rachael Yamagata EP
Sarah Slean EP
It All Starts Here -- Jem

bdb

On the B side of life
camille said:
Rachael Yamagata EP
Oh, I'd forgotten about that one! Very nice. It was literally her first album, as she was signed by a major label without having even released a single song. The truely talented singers don't need a game show to get noticed.

neb

Klaxons - Xan Valleys: There's little to be gained from buying the album as opposed to this little beauty. It has the thumping singles in the form of Gravity's Rainbow and Atlantis to Interzone and a few others for good measure.

Professor Murder - Professor Murder Rides the Subway: Dan pointed me towards this one and I thank him for it. The New York outfit subjects you to glorious posk-punk synthesiser goodness.

Cold War Kids - We Used to Vacation: Lovely and charming, especially the title track.

Tunng - Pioneers: The opening track is a cover of Bloc Party, and it's a blinder. The rest is a decent insight into the wonderful folk weaved by Tunng.

Kraftwerk - Tour de France: Maybe a little cliché to say this, but it was the EP which I used when I cycled to work. It's amazing what a little electronic persuasiveness can do for your work rate.

Chalk1e

Klay - EP

Klay are a local band whose first album comes out at the end of April, I discovered them by chance and they were manaed by Muse's former manager.

Chalk1e

Klay - EP

Klay are a local band whose first album comes out at the end of April, I discovered them by chance and they were manaed by Muse's former manager.

melsmusic

Silverchair - Straight Lines
The Whitlams - Beautiful As You - even though he changed ####ing disgrace to shocking disgrace. I suppose this live version was somewhere he had to take it out. Kind of takes the fun out of the song, but whatever, it's still good.