FAQs & Helpful Links & step-by-step guides.LOOK B4 U POST!

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

robert

Retired
Q. Why does mMy iPod display the apple logo upon turning it on.

A. Your iPod rests a little when turned off, but after a number of hours of being off, it goes completely off and into deep sleep. The amount of time before deep sleep is determined by the normal battery life of your iPod. When you awaken your iPod from deep sleep, it does a soft reset and reverts to a prior bookmark unless you have gone to menu and played another song before turning off your iPod.

robert

Retired
Q. How much space does an Audio Book require?

A. An AAC, 32kbps, 22,050 KHz sampling rate, (audible.com's best available quality format 4 download) uses approximately 14MB/hour. A longish (ten hours) audiobook is about 140 mb. That is to say, not enough to worry about. Even the smallest Nano has capacity for several audiobooks and a modest collection of photos and music. Usually audiobooks are in parts or sections. These parts can be removed when listened to. It is wise to have at least two or three audio books on your iPod to suit your mood, quality of the book, and companion.

robert

Retired
HDI prevent book chapters / lectures from playing when I 'shuffle songs'

Audible.com or iTunes Store purchasedbooks do not enter shuffle

Homemade bookmarking (AAC/m4b or applescripted mac) files do not shuffle. See guides below on how to convert.

Other files can be kept out of shuffle by highlighting and then R clicking the file, choosing Get Info and then select Options Tab. Check both Remember playback position and Skip when shuffling.

This versatile window allows converting portions of a file by setting start and stop times, adjusting volume of low volume files/tracks, as well as set bookmarking and skip in shuffle for homemade files.

Last edited:

robert

Retired
How do I get an audio book file to show in Audiobooks category?

Only audible.com aa files, iTunes audio book files, AND homemade AAC files whose extensions have been renamed m4b show up in Audiobook Category of iTunes and iPod.

Newer versions of iPod and iTunes with Audiobooks Folders require adding or dragging and dropping any file(s) or folder(s) directly to the Audiobooks Folders, not the Music Folders.

See guides linked in signature below, each link by source category, for tutorials on how to accomplish this.

Last edited:

Podunk

Robert, check your Private Messages. I sent you something interesting.

InTheCave

robert said:
1. With the widows explorer window open to the DVD/CD, highlight all the books/files you wish to place on your computer. Highlight first audio file, then while holding down shirt, highlight last audio file and all the files between will be highlighted. If you wish, hold down control and individually click each file to highlight only those you wish to place on your computer.

Just one question with this: why is it necessary to hold down my shirt? :D

TomNotBombadil

How do I get my audiobook files to play continuously?

I recently transferred my iPod from a PC (Windows XP) to a MacBook Pro (OS 10.7.2). My audiobooks uploaded from CD now stop after each individual file. I've adjusted multiple settings, but none will play continuously. What can I do?

robert

Retired
I recently transferred my iPod from a PC (Windows XP) to a MacBook Pro (OS 10.7.2). My audiobooks uploaded from CD now stop after each individual file. I've adjusted multiple settings, but none will play continuously. What can I do?
Try highlighting the book, R click>get info>Options>Set Media Kind = Audiobook

TomNotBombadil

Try highlighting the book, R click>get info>Options>Set Media Kind = Audiobook
I've tried that setting multiple times -- even once for all my audiobooks at the same time. They still play as individual files, stopping after each segment.

robert

Retired
I've tried that setting multiple times -- even once for all my audiobooks at the same time. They still play as individual files, stopping after each segment.
Are all the files "checked?" See if all the files have a check in the little square.

At the moment my iPod nano is at Apple for replacement, so I cannot look at it now. I mostly listen on my iPhone.

robert

Retired
Are all the files "checked?" See if all the files have a check in the little square.

At the moment my iPod nano is at Apple for replacement, so I cannot look at it now. I mostly listen on my iPhone.
put your book into a playlist and play from there to see if that is a temporary fix.