Extract music from iPod?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Derek70

Is there a way to extract music from an iPod as with a port flash drive? My adata port drive just died that I had since 2011, and it was dying anyway, I was able to back up most of my videos and other stuff but not my music. (Except maybe on those scrachy data discs that are probely unworkable) so my last option is maybe importing from an iPod to a flash drive using iTunes? Assuming that you have to use iTunes.

cjmnews

Staff member
You can't do it with iTunes, but you can with Windows and Mac, you don't need to buy software, but you can.

Since this is the most popular question on these boards, we have an article on that: Copying Content from your iPod to your Computer - The Definitive Guide | iLounge Article

I highly recommend finding a technical friend to do the free method. It is quite complicated for an amateur. If you are going to do it yourself, you may want to purchase software.

In 2017 we have a sponsor that has software for this: http://forums.ilounge.com/leawo-software/282599-3-ways-transfer-music-ipod-itunes-library.html It looks like it could be easy enough for the technically challenged.