extension that does not match the file format

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Hansenelli

I have a lot of songs that appear to have been corrupted somehow. Has anyone seen a problem like this? When I try and play the song in iTunes, nothing happens. If I try and play the sone directly through Windows Media Player, I get the following message:

"The file you are attempting to play has an extension that does not match the file format, Playing the file may result in unexpected behavior."

The files still have a .mp3 extension and they used to play just fine. T

Sarkoril

Same issue

Hansenelli said:
I have a lot of songs that appear to have been corrupted somehow. Has anyone seen a problem like this? When I try and play the song in iTunes, nothing happens. If I try and play the sone directly through Windows Media Player, I get the following message:

"The file you are attempting to play has an extension that does not match the file format, Playing the file may result in unexpected behavior."

The files still have a .mp3 extension and they used to play just fine. T
I am having the same problem with a few (not all) of my .mp3's

In addition, Zoom player is saying "This may be due to a corrupt file, missing filters, filter conflicts, or hardware related issues."

bobb-mini

Insanely Sarcastic
If the said audios worked BEFORE AND u did not change/rename them, then yer done for, unless there are backup copies.

I use DBpowerAmp as a general purpose audio converter and it seems to recognize thatever format regarless of extension.