extended warranty worth it for Shuffle?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

javabird

I've only had my Shuffle less than 90 days, but I'm wondering if it's worth it to get the extended warranty for the Shuffle. The $59 price seems a little high compared to the Shuffle's purchase price. Have others had enough issues with their shuffles to make it worth getting?

Sunflowr

I have to question buying a used Shuffle. The battery only lasts so long. How do you know that the battery is nearing the end of it's life when you buy that used Shuffle?

mrdantownsend

mrdantownsend
Website
www.freewebs.com
I think that paying for something that's 2/3s the price of the item you bought is a bad idea.

if yours breaks (which it will probably not because shuffles are so durable) you could just buy a brand new one for a little more.

starperformer

Yes. I thought about this before I bought mine. So, I bought mine at Best Buy and got their 2-Year replacement plan for $19.99. So, if it dies or the battery runs out, I just take it back within two years and say hey I want a new one. And I get a new one for NO charge.
That seemed worth it.
$59.99 does NOT seem worth it!