Extended Warranties

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

breakaway1029

I have read up on all three types of extended warranties that are available for the ipod (besy buy psp, compusa TAP, and AppleCare), but I believe that people are missing the one warranty that is right under their noses. I know for a fact that American Express doubles the warranty of any product bought with their card for up to 1 year, which in effect extends the basic Apple warranty for two years. I have also heard that other credit card companies also extend warranties, (I'm only 15, though, and I know about the American Express plan because that is what my parents use). Are there any disadvantages in using the American Express extended warranty over a store based policy (TAP, PSP, Applecare...)?

KyleC

Also if you have a gold or platinum visa card, they will add a year to you original apple warranty.
https://usa.visa.com/visaWarranty

This is what i did. no need to pay extra for a warranty.

Call (800) 882-8057 to see if your card has Visa Performance Guarantee and Warranty manager service.

Be carefull there are often restrictions and you must keep all your paper work for the purchase, read the fine print.

The only difference between a credit card warranty and a PSP is that a credit card warranty isn't as comprehensive as a PSP or TAP. It only covers stuff that the original apple warranty covered. They will pay to have it repaired not just hand you a new one like some of the protection plans will.

Bottom line: its the best thing you can get for free!

-kyle

Last edited:

styles

ipod geek in denial
hmmm...I paid for my ipod through paypal, so I wonder if I'm still covered?

Maybe you should post this in the warranty section...it might get more attention there.

todx

when you say mastercard, is that for ANY mastercard. I have a mastercard from MBNA so would that allow me to double the warranty?