Exporting/saving video from old lego movie app in Ipad

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

McMark

Hi, my son made a video using the discontinued original lego movie maker app. It will not save the video to the camera, massages says there are permission problems with the camera. Is there a workaround for this?

Ipad air 12.4.5
thanks

cjmnews

Staff member
Go into Settings and find the Lego Movie Maker app, Tap it, Tap Photos, and set to Add Photos Only or Read and Write (which ever is there).
Then go back to the Lego Movie Maker app and save the movie.

McMark

Go into Settings and find the Lego Movie Maker app, Tap it, Tap Photos, and set to Add Photos Only or Read and Write (which ever is there).
Then go back to the Lego Movie Maker app and save the movie.
Thanks. Unfortunately, the permission is checked for the app, but he still gets the error message when he tries to save the video.

cjmnews

Staff member
Two thoughts.

1. Does it keep the video if you kill the app in some other storage? If so, then kill the app, remove camera permission, add camera permissions, open the app then export. That might work.
  2. Being an old app (2012) it may know about iCloud but not Files. Can it save to iCloud? Even if it could save the unexported video there that would be good. Then find an older device that is on iOS 6 or 7 probably up to 9 would work, open the iCloud save and export with that.
Another idea is to get an HDMI adapter for the iPad Air (make sure it works for your version) and play the video to an HDMI capture card and record it. Saving with the system that contains the card.

McMark

Two thoughts.

1. Does it keep the video if you kill the app in some other storage? If so, then kill the app, remove camera permission, add camera permissions, open the app then export. That might work.
  2. Being an old app (2012) it may know about iCloud but not Files. Can it save to iCloud? Even if it could save the unexported video there that would be good. Then find an older device that is on iOS 6 or 7 probably up to 9 would work, open the iCloud save and export with that.
Another idea is to get an HDMI adapter for the iPad Air (make sure it works for your version) and play the video to an HDMI capture card and record it. Saving with the system that contains the card.
Thanks.

I don't know how to "see" the file to save it somewhere else. The only option I have is to view the video and try and save it from the app, which gives me the permissions error. And I am afraid to kill the app.

Same with cloud, the only option to work with the file is to save it from the app, which is blokced by the permissions probrlem.

I will try and play with an hdmi cable