Excellent experience with Apple repair service

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

scabmettler

Great Grand Poobah
Recently the audio on my g3 ipod started crackling and then losing sound to the left ear. I trace this problem to the remote and went to my local Apple store to have it replaced. Although they said they didn't have any remotes in stock, the guy came back out with one (unwrapped) and said "try this." I plugged it in and I had perfect audio, so I left thinking all was well. Until I actually tried to use the buttons on the remote and none of them responded (yes, the hold switch was off).

So I went through Apple's repair website this time, noted all of the info, and they said they'd ship me a box to send the defective item back in. Got the package today, and found they'd just gone ahead and sent me a new remote, no questions asked. Sweet! :cool:

Sadly, I'm still getting some crackle/buzz on certain tones, but I'm sure this is due to the general crappiness of the headphones. Annoying though, cuz I've only had them for a couple months. Anyhoo...if anyone wants a free remote that plays audio thru perfectly but doesn't actually work otherwise, lemme know. (You'll need to send me postage via PayPal is all.)