Etymotic ety8 Bluetooth with iPhone?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Stensvaag

Law Prof
Website
soli.inav.net
Can anyone provide feedback on whether the Etymotic ety8 bluetooth earphones work with the iPhone? In particular, can they mimic the iPhone earbud cord's behavior of pausing the current music/audiobook to take the call and then resuming at the same spot in the music/audiobook after the call?

Thanks!

mcdj

Sporting trousers.
Website
www.rknydesign.com
I would write or call Etymotic and ask. Many dock connector accesories are not working properly with iPhone, much less ones that involve interactivity. And since the iPhone does not currently support A2DP (music via Bluetooth) your only choice would be to use the Etymotic BT dock connector.

My feeling is that Apple's decision to use a sunken headphone jack and their apparent crippling of A2DP (the chip they used supports it), are signs of a forthcoming Apple stereo Bluetooth headset. If that's true then you can be sure they will look cooler than the Ety8! Except they'll probably sound like butt.

Stensvaag

Law Prof
Website
soli.inav.net
Thanks for the suggestion. I have written Etymotic and will post whatever their response is. I would hate to accept anything other than Etymotic quality after using their earphones for the past 5 years . . .

Fire_at_random

No stereo for you yet, Grasshopper

mcdj said:
My feeling is that Apple's decision to use a sunken headphone jack and their apparent crippling of A2DP (the chip they used supports it), are signs of a forthcoming Apple stereo Bluetooth headset. If that's true then you can be sure they will look cooler than the Ety8! Except they'll probably sound like butt.
Vincent at MyiTablet agrees with you about the crippled Bluetooth. As those posts point out, A2DP stereo support is already included in the Open Interface software stack that Apple licensed, along with complete support for other BT profiles.

Obviously Apple is holding out wireless stereo headphones until they're ready to release their own set. And yes, they'll probably look cool and sound mediocre. Sigh.