ESPN Game Not Available In My Area?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

ealvin

I'm hoping someone may be able to clarify this for me. On both my iPhone & iPad I'm able to login to the ESPN app. I can apparently access much of the site with no problem, including short videos and even got an NBA game last night.

Last Saturday there were several College Football Games that appeared to be available but when I clicked on the link I get a message saying something to the effect that it wasn't available in my area. I'm in South Florida and that doesn't make sense to me. It seems that something is wrong. I've changed the Video settings to be for the USA, but that didn't solve the problem.

I'm a Comcast subscriber logged in the correctly but can't make sense of why games are being promoted on the Watch tab and I can't get them. BTW, I called Comcast support and the said they don't support apps. It seems like the ESPN service is limited to ESPN+ subscribers (available for an additional monthly fee).

Any ideas. Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.

cjmnews

Staff member
I am not a sports enthusiast, but I found a several sites discussing these services:

Reading through these sites it looks like the ESPN app provides access to both ESPN and ESPN+ streams. The ESPN account would only get you access to games that are being broadcast by channels your service provides. Example: If your local ESPN channel was broadcasting game X, you would be able to stream game X.

This would mean that if you were trying to watch game Y that your local ESPN channel was not broadcasting, you could not watch that without the ESPN+ account. The game could also be blacked out from watching based on region, which is why I added the VPN article to get around it.

Hopefully that clears it up a bit, also shows it is not an Apple device issue.