Error message: "Cannot read from the source file or disk"

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

bp32

I have installed two iPods on my laptop--a 5th Gen iPod and a shuffle

My 5th Gen works fine with iTunes, but I have not been able to get the shuffle to sync. When I attempt to sync the shuffle I get this message: "Cannot read from the source file or disk". Now I have no idea what the problem is. I thought I saw some time ago that it may be a problem with the name I gave the shuffle (there is an apostrophe in the name), but have no idea if this is the problem or how to fix it. I have not been able to use the shuffle at all and do not have a receipt for it (it was a present from someone else for my wife a long time ago).

Any help would be appreciated.

bp32

honeybee1236 said:
Please read the Forum Policy and do not cross post in the forums. I have deleted your other posts.
I apologize--I was concerned that the lack of responses may be due to my posting the topic in the wrong forum.

EthanGreg

I had the similar problem and faced it a lot of times. I often solve this type of problems using "Long Path Tool". It helped me in solving this error and all related errors. I hope you will also love it.