error downloading videos

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

sparkky

I can buy and download songs no problem. But I am having an error downloading an itunes music video purchase. This is the error I receive: 0xFFFE7958

I've tried checking for purchased music under the advanced tab 10 times and it's still not working.

soloredd

I get the same error. I was downloading a video, it reached the end and then the error popped up. I had to close iTunes, check for purchased music, and the download started over. When it reached the end, same error.

This was happening with Gwen Stefani's "Cool" video (what can I say, the woman's hot) and I haven't tried any others...I don't want to pay for something that isn't even working yet.

sparkky

funny! that's the same video i've been trying to download. what are we going to do? other videos download fine.

soloredd

What a coincidence!

I'm not sure what to do. I guess I'll send an e-mail to Apple support and see what they say. I guess just keep trying to re-download it with 'Check for purchased music'. What is irritating me the most is when I had iTunes 4.9 and I clicked on 'Check for purchased music' it would tell me if I didn't have anything to download. With 6.0 it doesn't do anything, I have to restart iTunes everytime.

I'll keep you posted if it works or I figure something out. Until then, maybe some other folks who are having the same problem can post here.

edit: When I say "Keep trying to re-download it" I mean by checking for purchased music. DON'T go buying it again! Should have made myself clearer.

Last edited: