Error 1418 and Frozen New iPod

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Cubbies2166

Incubus Guru
So I got my dad a 80GB video iPod for his birthday which is this Friday to replace his old 15GB 3G iPod, and I thought it would be nice to put what his has on his old iPod onto the new one.

So I plugged in the iPod to add the songs to it, I guess this is where I made my first mistake when I used the firewire port, we have 3 iPods in our house so the firewire cable is widely used by everybody and there's been no problems, but I see on the iPod that this one doesn't support firewire, and to continue press this middle button so I do, and the menu screen comes up not the do not disconnect screen, and there is no little circle in the left hand corner telling me that it's working with the computer. So I unplug it and try with the USB cable.

Everything starts up great except iTunes says the iPod may be corrupt and I should try to restore it so I do, but at the beginning of the restoring it says iPod cannot be restored error 1418, and the iPod disappears from the bar on the left. So I unplug the iPod and it is just completely frozen the do not disconnect screen is still up the charging battery indicator is still on and the circle thing in the top left is stopped, but still there.

So what can I do to get this thing up and running again or at least turned off?

EDIT: I've also tried the play/select reset, and that doesn't do anything. Also when I push the buttons on the iPod they still make the clicking noise like something is going on, but the screen isn't showing it.

Last edited: