EphPod Bug?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

jeffdunning

I was wondering if anyone else had this problem, and if someone might know of a way to fix it.

Background Info: All of my mp3's are complete albums, that are in their own directory, for example, all songs from the artist 3 Doors Down, of the album Away From The Sun, anr in a folder titled: # Doors Down - Away From The Sun. When I load the mp3's to the iPod through EphPod I se it to sync with a folder i have created, i then drag the album folders to this designated directory.

Ok, the problem, when i copy folders t the iPod the ones with the same name get put in the same Album on the iPod, Greatest Hits albums all go to the same album. Another thing, the number of songs that are transfered to the iPod do not match the number of songs on the iPod, so some songs don't get transfered. Not sure witch songs yet, it will take me a while to pin point which ones they are. Anyone have any idea why it's doing this?

Jyunte

Southern California, by way of London England
This may be old new to to, I don't know, but the iPod itself doesn't care what filename you give your MP3 files. Atually, neither does ephPod. Check your tags to see what you have in the Artist, Album and Track Name fields, as these (and others) are the fields that are used to update the iPod's database.

My music collection is organized similarly to yours. I have an "MP3 Files" folder, inside of which is a single folder for each artist. Inside each artist's folder are separate folders for each of the albums for that artist. Each album folder contains all the tracks for that album.

As long as the individual MP3 files are properly tagged, it wouldn't matter at all if I put every MP3 file on my computer into a single folder and sync'd... the iPod would sort it all out and they'd still appear the same way on the iPod's menus.

seaman

Maybe some help

I'm a newbie here and, honestly, all my participation to date has been leeching off the experts. But, I think I might have this one.

Check, under configuration options, whether you have "preserve filename in copy" on or off. If it is on, any filenames over 31 characters (the max on macs) will be copied to the same file. The IPod will show songs (in your case, albums), but they will all be blank.

There is no reason to keep this feature on given that you can control how the file naming when ipod copies to your hdd.