• With the number of recent threads from brand new users that we have observed in our Classifieds forum selling goods under questionable circumstances, we have instituted a new policy restricting new members of iLounge from posting new threads in the Classifieds forum until they have reached "Regular Member" status.

New users become Regular Members once they have made 10 posts and been a member of the iLounge Forums for at least 7 days. Prior to this time, members may still read the Classifieds forum, and even respond to existing threads for items being sold by other members, but they may not create new threads advertising their own items for sale.

This will hopefully help to protect our user community by discouraging fraudulent users from signing up and posting classified ads without having at least a very basic level of established membership in our forums.

Obviously all users should still exercise due diligence when making use of our classifieds forums, but we hope that this restriction will help to decrease the number of blatantly fraudulent ads that we have been seeing in recent weeks.

Please be sure to review our Classified Forum Policy for more information.

Embarassing Moments with Headphones?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Capital R

AKA Randall
Website
restinchaos.deviantart.com
Anyone have any embarassing moments caused by having headphones on?

My story:

I was in school, and my history class had to go to the school library in order to do research for a project. I wanted to focus on the research and not get distracted by talking to people the entire period, so I put my Sony canalphones in. A good song started playing, and apparently I had started singing to the song and playing air guitar - and I didn't even notice. I guess I had been doing this for a while, because the song ended and I could hear some laughter in the background. I pulled out the earbuds, looked up, and everyone was laughing at me - even th eteacher and librarian - because I was actin' like a fool with my buds in my ears, hahahaha.

rachwah

rach*
i just hate when your on the bus with your earphones in, and people scream to talk to you, and everyone just stares. i hate that.

KG21TheKid

Well whenever im listening to my iPod and try and talk i always say things really loud. This also happened to my friend. We were in the cafeteria in school and he had his iPod in and was screaming everytime he talked.

MellowTone41

Maybe I'm putting way too much thought into this, but why don't you take the headphone off when you're having a conversation?

Dougboy

Well, once in history class, i was bored of the teacher talkin so i put on the ipod. I guess the teacher saw me and got really ####ed after a while so he grabbed a pair of scissors and came up to me and tried to cut my headfone wire. I didnt think he was really trying to cut it. Maybe he was just trying to threatend me so i wont listen to music while he talks.

PS. good thing i had stock apple buds at that time, and not my MDREX71SL taht i have now

Minex

On the earbuds that come with the ipod, the black foam cover ALWAYS comes off. There have been a few times where I pulled the earbuds out, but the black foam stayed in my ear. I actually went through an entire day with them stuck in my ear. Oh well.

Capital R

AKA Randall
Website
restinchaos.deviantart.com
Minex said:
On the earbuds that come with the ipod, the black foam cover ALWAYS comes off. There have been a few times where I pulled the earbuds out, but the black foam stayed in my ear. I actually went through an entire day with them stuck in my ear. Oh well.
Same thing happened to me, but with the SOny MDR-EX71SL's silicon pads, I had to use tweezers to get them out.

pointsix

It's not really embarrassing, but I always feel wierd when I pull out my iPod and work for no less than 5 minutes just untangling them. And a few times I tried to wind my headphones off my 'Pod and somehow ended up winding them back on...

Then who could forget when, out in the mall looking for glasses with my mom, i pull out my iPod and my mom says something like "Aww that's so cute" referring to my mini. That's enough to make any 16 year old guy back away up against a case of glasses :p

kittinbaby

Website
myspace.com
heheh Well, I was in Chemistry and the guy next to me had a Shuffle and I had my iPod and the teacher (one of the nicest I had that year) tells us we're going to watch a video...I mean, chemistry interests me, but...please, it's the last week of school...but I watched a little of it anyway....and then decided I'd rather listen to my iPod...

I had a jacket on and my hair is long so I used the string-it-up-your-shirt method and listened contently to my music. The guy next to me kinda smiles and mouths "Good idea" and he does the same thing...I lay my head down on the desk and stare at the screen but I was mouthing the words to the songs and tapping my foot on the *tile* ground (I didn't even realise this) so after a while I got a look from the teacher and when I realised what I was doing, I knew she probably knew that I was playing my iPod...but she was nice and didn't say anything.

So I still have my head on the desk, it's dark so we can see the movie, and apparently I was tired...I guess I dozed off b/c the next thing I knew, the bell was ringing and the guy next to me was like "Get up...bell rang!" and I got up and the half of my face that was on the desk was red from having it there for about a half-hour...and there was an imprint of the darn earbud that fell out of my ear as I snoozed. Ugh...it was there through the whole next class period....very embarassing.

Macromedia

I once walked right into a pole because I wasn't paying attention to whats around me. I had a song on I liked and I was trying to remeber what were the guitar chordes. The most embarrasing thing was the fact I had to go the hospitable because the pole was one of those square ones with sharp edges so I got cut pretty badly. Still it got me outta school for the day.

Ernie 2.0

lol, im a drummer, and in class without music, i just start drumming a song that is stuck in my head. ive made the entire class laugh and have the teacher staring before.

i2aNe

Hah once I was listening to my friend's iPod mini in science class. It was during finals week and I got to waive my finals because I had an A at the end of the semester. So I was listening and there was dead silence while everyone was testing when my teacher came over and asked me something. Of course, I couldn't hear her correctly and said "What?" She and the students laughed when I took off the earphones. Apparently, I had shouted very loudly! XD

JaknB0b

Ernie 2.0 said:
lol, im a drummer, and in class without music, i just start drumming a song that is stuck in my head. ive made the entire class laugh and have the teacher staring before.
^^ how does that have to do with an iPod ^^

ipodphoto30

It's okay, i like to sing when i listen to my iPod too. It's hard to retain yourself from singing with it on. I try really hard not to sing. LOL great story.

N e s s

Intrepid Tyke
I have noise-isolating earphones and I was in the way apparently on the subway. The guy had a dog and was getting off and he started screaming something while pointing at me with four fingers. Of course, I couldn't hear anything. I wear my cord down the back too, so that definitely doesn't help.

Chanelly8908

In my own little world

Yeah, I like to sing along to songs when I listen to my ipod. When I listen to my ipod in class I can't sing out loud because, well most of the time I shouldn't be listening to my ipod and I don't want to disturb the people around me. Instead, I just mouthed the words and sometimes I get embarassing looks from other people because it looks like I'm talking to myself. :confused:

MellowTone41

I still don't understand why people listen to their iPods in class. Pay attention! You may just learn something. Fair warning: they're not going to let you listen to your iPod when you're working at McDonald's.

IgorS

This always happens in class, I'll have my ipod on when I walk down the hall and when I first walk into class and if the teacher is in a hurry to start class I just jam the headphones into my pocket, forgetting that it was still on. Then during class when we have a quite moment you can hear my ipod playing from my pocket and its amplified because the headphones are so close together in a small space. More than once I've had my ipod taken away because I didn't pull the cord out before the teacher noticed.

Also the wire tangling has happened many times and its a little embarassing trying to untie all these knots while walking down the hall and bumping into people