email problem

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Terrysutt

When trying to set up an email account on Ipad 10-2"using my existing email address
a message says "sorry this email address is not available"although I have it on my Ipad mini.ios9.
Can I transfer it from the Ipad mini to the 10-2"or even all the data from the mini.

cjmnews

Staff member
Yes you can have the email address on both devices.

I am assuming you are using the built in Mail app that Apple provides. If you are using a different app, respond back and I'll get you the steps for that one.

Using your iPad 10.2":
  1. Tap Settings
  2. Scroll down to Passwords and Accounts, tap Passwords and Accounts
  3. Tap Add Account
  4. Select the service your email is using, if not listed tap Other (If you need to use Other, respond back and I can walk through that, the steps following are for the major services).
  5. Log into your email account by entering the email address, tap Next
  6. Enter your email account password, tap Next
  7. Enable the features you want with this account (Mail for sure, I tend to disable calendar and notes as these other services don't need that information, but you can choose.
  8. Tap Save
If you are using a non-major service like an ISP (Cox, Comcast, Century Link, etc.) then you will need to know:
  • User name
  • Password
  • Incoming server name (ex. mail.centurylink.net)
  • Style of inbox. IMAP which I recommend, or POP which is usable but confusing with multiple devices
  • Outgoing server name (ex. smtp.centurylink.net)
  • Sometimes they need Port numbers for each of the above servers too, but generally not.
    • Ex: mail.centurylink.net uses port 993 with SSL security.
    • Ex: smtp.centurylink.net uses port 587 with TLS security.
If you are using a different app, the information needed may be like the major providers, but sometimes it requires the information from Other providers. Post back what the app is and I'll figure it out.