Ehh...what if you don't remember when you bought it?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Tekron

keepin'downtheunderground
I have a 3G and I'm definitely experiencing problems...but is there a way to find out when you purchased through serial code maybe?

noobs

proud iPod owner
@interpol: can apple tell the warranty expired date based on serial number on our ipod ? (since i lost my recieve too, but i remembered when i bought mine since i bought it along with my friends), like HP (even whe can check our warranty expired date on the website) ?

f.y.i: no my ipod not broken, just curious

t.i.a

bdb

On the B side of life
Its not going to help you for this one, since you've obviously lost your receipt, but here's a little method that works well for me: tape the receipt to the manual (and of course keep all your manuals in one place). Receipts are just too hard to keep track of on their own.

If nothing else, its helps resolve arguments about when you bought that 12-year-old TV. :)

bungbung

This is what I did.

Hey there, I had the same exact problem...

My solution may work if you bought it with a credit card and keep your statements

Lucky for me. I keep my credit card (for which I purchase everything and anything big on) statements that go back at least 3 or 4 years... What I did what just basically scan each of the statements and look ONLY on the column with how much the charge is for... looking for anything like $350 or $400.. anything big (couldn't be that many) and see if you can find it like that...

Good luck...

noobs

proud iPod owner
hehe.. guess it my fault, so my 2G mini considered as a non warranty item :) too bad i bought it cash so there is no cc billing :(