• iLounge and the Discussion Forums are read by people in countries all over the world. The legality of DVD-to-iPod ripping will vary based on your country of residence. iLounge does not in any way endorse violation of the valid rights of copyright holders, and strongly recommends that you consult your country's copyright and fair use laws before copying any video content.

Easy way to change video file type to 'Tv Show' (i made a gui for atomic parsley)

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

chippe01

You know, I just found out about the new Visual Basic 2005 Express, that MS is offering for free.

I downloaded it last night and played around with it.

I built a GUI front-end for Atomic Parley. Now, to get the code in.... it's been a while since I programmed in VB, and I was pretty good at doing what I needed in VB5, b ut htis is so much different.

It's going to take me a while to figure out how to get this programmed, and find the Atomic Parsley commands again. But this will be my project.

If anyone wants to see the GUI, I have a screenshot.

Daneman

Banned
Website
imodipod.msghack.com
I love the idea, and wish it would work for me! After putting on VB, I open up iPodTVShow and I click Add and it says:

Run-time error '13':

Type mismatch
Any help? Thanks.

Also, I don't know if I installed VB right. I downloaded it from the link and extracted the file to my C, then clicked on it and it seemed to self extract quite fast. I also tried extracting it in the folder where I keep the ipodtvshow program, and it still does the same thing.

What am I doing wrong? Any help would be awfully appreciated, thanks,

-Jazzer

chippe01

You need to download and install the OCX control mentioned earlier in this thread. The VB6 file installer does not work for this purpose.

Martok

i believe that means you are typing text into a number-only field... probably in one of the "episode" boxes (can't remember which one is text and which one is number only).

Wrekognized

Can anyone tell me how to work this program. I clicked open>chose file>open .. Nothing happens? Would appreciate help on this one.

First post BTW, been on this forum for a bit, never got an ID..

afraydocurado

chippe01 said:
You know, I just found out about the new Visual Basic 2005 Express, that MS is offering for free.

I downloaded it last night and played around with it.

I built a GUI front-end for Atomic Parley. Now, to get the code in.... it's been a while since I programmed in VB, and I was pretty good at doing what I needed in VB5, b ut htis is so much different.

It's going to take me a while to figure out how to get this programmed, and find the Atomic Parsley commands again. But this will be my project.

If anyone wants to see the GUI, I have a screenshot.
Post it!!

chippe01

It's just a screenshot of what I hope to do. It will take a while to code. They have radically changed VB since I used it some years ago.

How do I post a picture?

cbennett

This may not be the best explanation, because I'm not on my home computer and having to go from memory but here goes anyways I guess:

I'm going to assume that you've already downloaded the program, so after you extract it you should have both the atomic parsley file and the gui program (I can't remember the name of the gui file something like iPodTVShow I think).

You will then need to cut and paste both those files into the same folder as the videos you want to edit.

Open the gui program.

Inside the program, click file, go down to open (I think it is open, it could be load or something similar) and click the mp4 you want to add tags to.

After clicking, it will take you back to the gui program, and you can fill out the fields for the file (make sure to fill them all out otherwise you get a file that doesnt work).

After filling out the fields, click add/edit. It will show up in the left panel. If you have another video, click file then open again and repeat the process.

When you are all done, click apply and you should see what looks like ms-dos converting the files. The new files will have temporary names with random numbers inside the same folder as the original files.

Last edited:

afraydocurado

chippe01 said:
It's just a screenshot of what I hope to do. It will take a while to code. They have radically changed VB since I used it some years ago.

How do I post a picture?
You should be able to upload it to photobucket or something, and then you can post the link.

You can also just post it within the message by using the IMG button and then giving the pics link.

EDIT: You can also just upload it.

keremd

Hello, i cant get this program work :(
I selected the movie file, and fill all the details then added and applied. atomic parsley worked and created a file. i upload it to my ipod and there was no "Tv Shows" :s
the movie that i uploaded its in the music videos section.
tagged with <Unknown>

chippe01

Well... this is what i hoped to accomplish, but it's much more difficult to get this going than I anticipated. Having programmed in VB 5 for some time, I see just how much has changed in VB 2005. I need to re-learn how to write code, which I am finding is no easy task for me anymore.

By the time I figure this out, I'm sure Apple will have already built this into iTunes. But it's good practice for the time being, anyway.

Attachments

astrobot10

I know I've posted this in a couple of other threads, but if anyone is having trouble with this program, I wrote a Java-based GUI frontend for AtomicParsley as well available at 69.117.40.60:3000/atomicgui/

Just thought I'd throw that out there for an Windows users (I'm not sure if it'll work on Mac).

afraydocurado

chippe01 said:
Well... this is what i hoped to accomplish, but it's much more difficult to get this going than I anticipated. Having programmed in VB 5 for some time, I see just how much has changed in VB 2005. I need to re-learn how to write code, which I am finding is no easy task for me anymore.

By the time I figure this out, I'm sure Apple will have already built this into iTunes. But it's good practice for the time being, anyway.
It's looking great. :cool: