• iLounge and the Discussion Forums are read by people in countries all over the world. The legality of DVD-to-iPod ripping will vary based on your country of residence. iLounge does not in any way endorse violation of the valid rights of copyright holders, and strongly recommends that you consult your country's copyright and fair use laws before copying any video content.

Easy way to change video file type to 'Tv Show' (i made a gui for atomic parsley)

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

cheathamcc

I'm confused. Am I missing something? [/B]

You wouldn't think so, but yes. Try it for yourself and see if it works (it won't). If you do what you stated, then update the iPod, your "TV Shows" won't be in the "TV Show" menu on the iPod.

Hence the need for these other programs. If you search you will find a ton of threads about this.

Last edited:

Martok

Thanks for this great program!

A tip: The program did it's thing, seemingly fine, but when I dragged the processed file into iTunes, nothing happened. When I tried to watch it in QuickTime, I got "Error -37: a bad filename or volume name was encountered". The problem was the filename was too long - my fault, not the programs. I have found that the longest quicktime (and thus iTunes) supports is 58 characters plus extension. I just renamed my file and it works.

As far as I can tell, the program is working fine, with the exception of the Episode number sometimes changing to 0 after clicking "Add/Edit" and reselecting the file. Also I just noticed that iTunes does not show anything in the "Episode #" and "Season" tabs even when I fill it in the program.

Keep up the great work! Out of three Atomic Parsley GUIs I have tried, this is the only one that has worked for me!

Nebraska

Website
spo0ky.doods.org
hey, I just wanted to say that this program does nothing for me. I tried to create a tv show but all it did was make a duplicate film that was 3 times larger than the original that still didn't display into the TV Show folder on my video ipod. If anyone knows of a working program (prefrably one that can be used instead of itunes) i would greatly appreciate it.

chippe01

Nebraska said:
hey, I just wanted to say that this program does nothing for me. I tried to create a tv show but all it did was make a duplicate film that was 3 times larger than the original that still didn't display into the TV Show folder on my video ipod. If anyone knows of a working program (prefrably one that can be used instead of itunes) i would greatly appreciate it.
Hmmm... it worked fine for me. It's a little quirky, but it does the job. I'm sure if the author puts some more time into it, it will be much better. For me, it created identically sized files with maybe a 1 or 2 byte difference in size. It doesn't re-encode the file, it just copies the file with the specified fields updated.

Are you using it correctly? You have to copy the atomic parsley.exe file into the directory with the videos you want to update. Then run the program and browse to that location, choose a file to open, and fill in the fields... hit the add/update button and the file will move into the pane on the right. Open more files if needed, and repeat.

When all the files you want to change appear in the right pane, hit the APPLY button on the bottom, and they will be copied. I haven't had any problems, except the Episode number magically reverting to 0 when reviewing the data. If you just add all info and hit add/update and don't touch that file again, the episode number will stick.

Also, the actual episode number should be put into the TV EPISODE field, as the info on that field is what shows up as the episode number in iTunes.

It's great that someone took the time to give us Windows users a way to properly tag our shows. And it DOES work. Now, if we could just add the Episode descriptions ;)

Thank you.

SpazAttack

I dont knwo if you guys noticed this but the files become huge after you put the tag on them... anyone else having this problem?

Last edited:

chippe01

SpazAttack said:
I dont knwo if you guys noticed this but the files become huge after you put the tag on them... anyone else having this problem?
No, my files are exactly the same size, except maybe 1 or 2 BYTES difference.

SpazAttack

I must be doing somethign wrong because after I am done it comes up with a double-sized temp file. Furthermore, the movie is corrupt and doesn't work... is there nly certain files this will work on?

qwerty2k

SpazAttack, it is likely due to a bug in the evrsion of AtomicParsley i put in with it, try it on a different file and test the results or download the enwest atomic parsley and repalce the one my program uses.

rab23us

When I try and download the .ocx file it tells me the source is corrupt I have the VB files installed and I am missing the .ocx is there another source for this particular file. Thanks is advance.

SpazAttack

rab please look through this post before you post a redundant question.... hey qwerty2k there are a few diffrent files in the atomic parsley folder (The new one). Which one did you use with your programs.

Choices:
  • AtomicParsley-cygwin-v0.8.zip
  • AtomicParsley-Debian-v0.8.tar.gz
  • AtomicParsley-MacOSX-v0.8.zip
  • AtomicParsley-source-v0.8.zip
  • AtomicParsley-win32-v0.8.zip
Thankyou!

rab23us

exscuse me Spaz ? I have read this entire thread you dolt. The question I have asked is there ANOTHER SOURCE for the .ocx files I have gone to the site listed by qwerty for the .ocx files and it the site keeps telling me that the source is corrupt.......meaning that I can't get the file from that site. I have read the entire thread and there is no other site listed to get the .ocx files, that is what I have asked I ended up getting the TvTagger program from atomic parsley website and I am using that, but there are features present in this program that I am interested in using.

Maybe you should read my question before shooting off your mouth and telling me to read.:mad:

Last edited:

TheJosher

Music Is Your Friend.
Website
www.thejosher.net
SpazAttack said:
rab please look through this post before you post a redundant question.... hey qwerty2k there are a few diffrent files in the atomic parsley folder (The new one). Which one did you use with your programs.

Choices:
  • AtomicParsley-cygwin-v0.8.zip
  • AtomicParsley-Debian-v0.8.tar.gz
  • AtomicParsley-MacOSX-v0.8.zip
  • AtomicParsley-source-v0.8.zip
  • AtomicParsley-win32-v0.8.zip
Thankyou!
Since you're using Windows, you're going to want the win32 version.

Josh

chippe01

rab23us said:
exscuse me Spaz ? I have read this entire thread you dolt. The question I have asked is there ANOTHER SOURCE for the .ocx files I have gone to the site listed by qwerty for the .ocx files and it the site keeps telling me that the source is corrupt.......meaning that I can't get the file from that site. I have read the entire thread and there is no other site listed to get the .ocx files, that is what I have asked I ended up getting the TvTagger program from atomic parsley website and I am using that, but there are features present in this program that I am interested in using.

Maybe you should read my question before shooting off your mouth and telling me to read.:mad:
RAB,

Do you mean that OCX installer for that legal program? This first time I downloaded it, it would not run saying it was corrupt.

I downloaded it a second time, and it worked. Try downloading it again.

sxm

hey all

i registered just to post to this thread and say thank you to QWERTY2K

regarding the 2-3x the file size.

first time i tried to apply the info to an episode, i didnt fill in all the fields (didnt fill in TV Episode) and it spit out a huge file.

then i filled in all the fields after rereading the thread (filled in 101 for TV Episode) and it spit out a correct sized file, so people having problems w/ file sizes, try that.

now, i have a small problem (doesnt effect anything, just weird) i dont know why this happens, but when i start up the program a windows installer window pops up, then right after a window that relates to Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2005 pops up saying its tryng to configue it. Now this is only suppose to pop up when you install Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2005. It pops up twice, so 4 windows pop up, and I have to cancel them. If i let them continue, it asks for the Autodesk Install CD. It happens everytime i load up ipodtvshow.

if anyone knows why this happens, let me know.

thanks again, and GREAT program, im expecting more updates to come.

Last edited:

sxm

ok, i have another question..

i havent tried it, but am going to ask.

since the metadata tags are created within the file when you put them into itunes, do we have to put the videos into itunes first, then use ipodtvshow to edit and apply the new tags, OR can we use ipodtvshow on brand new, just converted videos with no imbedded metadata tags

chippe01

sxm said:
ok, i have another question..

i havent tried it, but am going to ask.

since the metadata tags are created within the file when you put them into itunes, do we have to put the videos into itunes first, then use ipodtvshow to edit and apply the new tags, OR can we use ipodtvshow on brand new, just converted videos with no imbedded metadata tags
I use it immediately after creating the files with Nero Recode.

rab23us

Yes Chipper that is the program I was referring to I could not get it to download at all. I was emailed the program by a member of this forum, and I would like to publicly thank him but he asked that I don't so thanks to the community for helping me get the installer.

I have used qwerty's program and it is easy to use and after experimenting with my stargate sg-1 dvd's I love that I now can have each season separated and easily gotten to versus having to go through a long list of "movies" that aren't.

After using both TvTagger and IpodTv I have to say both programs are very easy to use both get the job done but IpodTv seems to run faster. Just my two cents thanks again to the creators of these interfaces for atomic parsley. :D

qwerty2k

glad the program is helping people :), i might get round to adding some of the stuff that has been mentioned in here soon :), just been a bit busy as of late.